DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini "Home Point" message taking WAY too long after newest firmware update

flynsign

Reactions
I have to hover in place for nearly a full minute before I finally get the "home point has been recorded...." message. Anyone else have this bug? I just installed the brand new firmware update today and before this update I got NO "home point has been recorded..." at all so I guess this is an improvement but not happy with having to waste part of my battery just to get the home point recorded - I've got 14 satellites almost immediately upon pairing MM & controller and a fresh compass calibration so I'm out of ideas....?

Last edited:
I have to hover in place for nearly a full minute before I finally get the "home point has been recorded...." message. Anyone else have this bug? I just installed the brand new firmware update - before I got NO "home point has been recorded..." message so I guess this is an improvement but not happy with having to waste part of my battery just to get the home point recorded - I've got 14 satellites almost immediately upon pairing MM & controller and a fresh compass calibration so I'm out of ideas....?
have you tried waiting for the message before you actually take off, at least the motors would not be burning up battery power just a suggestion

Reactions: TheRock
have you tried waiting for the message before you actually take off, at least the motors would not be burning up battery power just a suggestion

Yes, for quite a long time in fact - I finally get the message only after the motors are running but never when they are not. This last time I tried it took a full 8 minutes of hovering before getting the message, even with 14 satellites - ridiculous!!!!!

I haven't tested flying with 300, but prior to that, I did usually get the HP updated message once GPS locked. On takeoff, it seemed the HP updated message was interrupted/preempted by other messages or delayed until I was already more than 4' up. It should be updating and stating it's updated as soon as motors are started.

If you see the H on the map, HP has been recorded.

I have to hover in place for nearly a full minute before I finally get the "home point has been recorded...." message. Anyone else have this bug? I just installed the brand new firmware update - before I got NO "home point has been recorded..." message so I guess this is an improvement but not happy with having to waste part of my battery just to get the home point recorded - I've got 14 satellites almost immediately upon pairing MM & controller and a fresh compass calibration so I'm out of ideas....?

Yes : I was just getting ready to post some of the changes I have noticed.
Home Point is taking longer and we our no longer able to fly in the house without the drone going into atti mode
this is concerning because atti mode outdoors is not easy to deal with .

These our some of the up and downs of the updates that DJI pilots have to endure .
I would not be surprised to see some fly aways , I will be cautious for awhile

Phantomrain.org
Elite Gear for your Mavic.
Coal

I believe the atti mode message is another misleading message in that context. It should be reporting VPS mode.
I flew indoors when it was supposedly in atti mode and it was stable.

I had in the past gotten "sensor error" which in context seemed to be referring to the downward sensors when area was darker than ideal or MM perhaps too close to the ground before takeoff so sensors are effectively dark for the time being.

So now the "sensor error" may be reporting as Atti mode until takeoff where VPS can start working.

I have to hover in place for nearly a full minute before I finally get the "home point has been recorded...." message. Anyone else have this bug? I just installed the brand new firmware update today and before this update I got NO "home point has been recorded..." at all so I guess this is an improvement but not happy with having to waste part of my battery just to get the home point recorded - I've got 14 satellites almost immediately upon pairing MM & controller and a fresh compass calibration so I'm out of ideas....?

What happens if immediately after take off you update the home point manually in the app.Does it update straight away then.Maybe a work around until Dji sort it.

Yes, for quite a long time in fact - I finally get the message only after the motors are running but never when they are not. This last time I tried it took a full 8 minutes of hovering before getting the message, even with 14 satellites - ridiculous!!!!!
it seems there are MMs out there with faulty GPS modules fitted to them from the number of people having difficulty in getting a gps lock,after reading the comments on this thread i went out into my back garden set everything up, and when i got the go fly in blue on the app screen i touched it and got the video feed etc, as i pressed the go fly i started my watch timer and after 43 seconds, i had 8 sats locked was told on the screen ready to fly and the verbal message the home point is recorded, so from that it would seem everything is fine ,and yes this is with the new update which i did yesterday, maybe a poll to see who is having this issue might be a good idea, to see if it is just a few or many having this problem ,and adding the location in the poll might show which areas are being affected more so than others

Last edited:
Reactions: scooot
it seems there are MMs out there with faulty GPS modules fitted to them from the number of people having difficulty in getting a gps lock,after reading the comments on this thread i went out into my back garden set everything up, and when i got the go fly in blue on the app screen i touched it and got the video feed etc, as i pressed the go fly i started my watch timer and after 43 seconds, i had 8 sats locked was told on the screen ready to fly and the verbal message the home point is recorded, so from that it would seem everything is fine ,and yes this is with the new update which i did yesterday, maybe a poll to see who is having this issue might be a good idea, to see if it is just a few or many having this problem ,and adding the location in the poll might show which areas are being affected more so than others
Clock starts when the AC is turned on and finishes bootup initialization. App has no control as to when the AC sets up GPS.

Reactions: old man mavic
Clock starts when the AC is turned on and finishes bootup initialization. App has no control as to when the AC sets up GPS.
well if thats the case then even taking that into consideration that would only add some 10 seconds to the time i recorded,because i have always waited for the ac to lock to the controller ,and that is when it says go fly to show its all connected

regardless of how or when the GPS process for finding satts is started ,there is definately something not right with @flynsigns drone it should not take the time he is getting, to get a good GPS lock

Yup. But you could decide to not go into camera view (Go Fly) right away, during which time the GPS locks and you think it was fast.
i am not saying you are wrong in any way, just how i have always started my MPP and now my MM it is a routine that i have used since i first had my MPP, and i have never had to wait for enough satts to be locked for the time some people are waiting ,so if it isnt a fault with the drone could it be dependent on where one is flying ,with regards to satts being visible for the drone to access,

If I have the landing pad or the ground is clear I power the MM, by the time I’ve plugged the iPhone into the controller and powered up I always have sat lock. If I’m flying from palm launch I do it the other way round and wait a very short time before the MM is good to go. I don’t feel GPS lock is slow on my model.

Reactions: old man mavic

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman