DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAVIC MINI JUST DROPS ALTITUDE UNCONTROLLABLBY

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fairly new to drones as I got my mini in mid December and have maybe 50 or so flights. About 2 weeks ago I started having issues with my mini going a little out of control. It started with warning that my motors were maxxed out. Then on a subsequent flight it flew really poorly and as I was bringing it home from about 50 feet from my house at an altitude of maybe about 70 feet it became very erratic. As I was going to land it, it suddenly descended very quickly and did not appear to be responsive and I had a very hard landing onto soft grass, but hard enough to bounce the mini upsidedown. I grounded myself and began to read all I could about possible issues. I isolated the battery involved just incase that was the source. Then I read it could be a prop issue so I used the props in my flymore kit. I did a few test flights and all went perfect. I then used the battery involved in the prior issue and it also worked without issue. I now believe the props were the issue. I did not see anything wrong with them but maybe a screw was loose or something. Bottom line is that prop change and no subsequent issues and it seems to fly better and even more quietly with this set of props. Just wanted to share my story and possible fix.

I'm fairly new to drones as I got my mini in mid December and have maybe 50 or so flights. About 2 weeks ago I started having issues with my mini going a little out of control. It started with warning that my motors were maxxed out. Then on a subsequent flight it flew really poorly and as I was bringing it home from about 50 feet from my house at an altitude of maybe about 70 feet it became very erratic. As I was going to land it, it suddenly descended very quickly and did not appear to be responsive and I had a very hard landing onto soft grass, but hard enough to bounce the mini upsidedown. I grounded myself and began to read all I could about possible issues. I isolated the battery involved just incase that was the source. Then I read it could be a prop issue so I used the props in my flymore kit. I did a few test flights and all went perfect. I then used the battery involved in the prior issue and it also worked without issue. I now believe the props were the issue. I did not see anything wrong with them but maybe a screw was loose or something. Bottom line is that prop change and no subsequent issues and it seems to fly better and even more quietly with this set of props. Just wanted to share my story and possible fix.
If I get it back from Dji and its still like this im changing the props. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000