DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Lens Hood Protective Cover

Looks to protect gimbal from knocks and not act as a sun shade
i thought that as well just ordered it off ebay, i have a similar one for my MPP and always fly with it on, more for protection than keeping of the sun glare although it does help in that respect

Reactions: thermalflyer
Have you ever seen your drone’s lights in your images taken in fog free air? If not it will likely only provide marginally useful shading from the sun.
They claim it can provide sun shade .. but I think knock protection might be the main purpose

Reactions: Mrveronn
Yep, I like the idea of some shade + a bit more 'knock protection'...ebay order in.

I wouldn’t bother. Images shot into the sun, with or without a sun shade are generally not very interesting. Spend your energies observing what the light does to your images.

PGYTech‘s version
1578038223707.jpeg
will be interested to see if either affects the 20 degree gimbal up view... and how much side glare protection is offered by each.

Last edited:
Reactions: thermalflyer
You could also 3d print one

hi do you think if i use this PGYTECH version ... i need to remove it and put the protective cover when packing?

I think you'll need to remove this when replacing the gimbal protector/cover...and the hood would probably need to be removed when replacing the drone in the flymore case...as the case is not designed to accommodate a sun/lens hood...

A 3D printed version is now available from MissCrissyCo through Etsy.com. Would be interesting to see a comparison between how well they provide blocking light from the side, as well as how well they 'protect' the gimbal. In any case, good to have options. I've ordered one of these 3D printed, and will compare it to the version off EBay when I have had a chance to try them both out...
1578788991912.png

Last edited:
Reactions: GregE
PGYTech‘s version
View attachment 89602
will be interested to see if either affects the 20 degree gimbal up view... and how much side glare protection is offered by each.
I put one on mine for glare and protection. Not visible when the camera is set to either extreme. Works fine. No issues with operation. 1211CF31-660E-4B6D-B33C-4E2073080F77.jpeg

Reactions: Mrveronn
I've had a problem with it catching the wind and causing the front to make a slight dive. Any others?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michalis