DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini lost connection while flying, total loss, 4 days old, no help from DJI.

Take a look at the joystick commands in correlation to what the drone is actually doing after the six minute mark. Seems odd for it to continue in straight line even though the joystick was pressed to the right. The not enough force esc error was for real because when I did retrieve the drone it had what looked like fishing line around one motor, I really think someone had another drone with a net.
Really? Are we getting into conspiracy theories now?

The logs don't lie as to what happened. Sorry but this was totally pilot error and you basically flew your drone into a lake after flying in conditions that were well beyond the capabilities of both the drone and pilot skills. Take the discount offered and do a lot of reading and learning prior to flying the new one.

Reactions: Pietros and BigAl07
mine mini flew away 3 times, gps had a good homepoint, to much wifi interference where i am , if i go to far signal gets lost and it returns home, it is nerve racking till you finally see the bird above you.
After reading all of these Flyaway's i am afraid to fly it far now.
Your fear of flying is understandable, while the remedy is rather simple.
It's called VLOS and is probably the most often violated rule, both from a legal and safety standpoint.

Did you launch near the water...at the edge? You have to cancel return to home or as least I have always had to. I've had my drone start home several time's during the same flight with no problem cancelling but I have also had a complete disconnect and the drone ignored the controller and returned home. I don't think moving the sticks caused your problem.

i did notice the bird goes wacky if you take off or land on a metal table.
you will have to re calibrate.

No - you don't need to recalibrate - you just need to move the aircraft. Taking off from ferromagnetic metal surfaces will nearly always lead to the IMU yaw value being incorrectly initialized, but it doesn't change the compass calibration.

All drones will exhibit this behavior. If that message appears turn it off and move it away from the metal. 6-10 feet is often enough.

Oh no ... don't do that!

Read & understand @sar104 post #47 above ... otherwise it's only a matter of time before you go down.

I've had a similar issue perhaps but with a complete disconnection.

I've made a post on this forum and published a blog on my page linked there

I've never seen so many complaints of fly aways as with the Mavic Mini reading here. I need to update my stats.

Just getting into forums, but not drones....

Wow I see alot of people with crashes or fly aways on here mad, I was too with my fly away it sucks I know. But theirs one difference between me and everyone on here with that issue, my flyaway was my fault, yes mine not the manufacturer.

You can't get mad YOU didn't get the care refresh and it crashes that's why it's offered. Why offer it but replace non buyers of it?

Take some responsibility guys, I didn't have GPS signal upon launching and it was my fault I just wanted to test something I was doing quick, only needed ten feet altitude....

When cars crash does Ford or chevy replace your car? No, insurance can, sorry for your loss but it's annoying seeing everyone mad dji won't help cause YOU didn't opt for its insurance.

Reactions: PhantomFandom
I've had a similar issue perhaps but with a complete disconnection.

I've made a post on this forum and published a blog on my page linked there

I've never seen so many complaints of fly aways as with the Mavic Mini reading here. I need to update my stats.
Could you please post your stats?

there’S somethinG verY odD abouT youR writinG stylE, buT i can’T quitE puT mY fingeR oN iT. ?
I make all these crashes required reading before I purchase my 1st drone. I too noticed his unique style of writing... :)

Reactions: Xanadu
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverbobomalem