DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Lost Not Returning Home

changkh

Reactions
Hi experts,

After reading numerous Mavic Mini flyaways, today is mine turn to experience it.
Hope I did the right steps but here is the log.
I did went to search for it based on the last location in the DJI Fly App but couldn't find it.

Could any experts advice where it could have landed?

NZ5MKTE8JBZCJIYZ48MQ

Last edited:
I am curious, what happened?
I am not going to attempt predictions based on the flight data (way beyond my capabilities).
However, as I understand the information on that page the drone seems to have responded to an RTH and to be heading straight for the home point with ample battery left.
Zooming in and then opening Google's street view I am wondering if it flew straight into one of the tower blocks, Seahill Tower 2 perhaps. How high above the ground level around Seahill Tower 2 is your take off point?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Prismatic
I did went to search for it based on the last location in the DJI Fly App but couldn't find it.
The last recorded location is just where the drone was when signal was blocked by Seahill Tower.
You were flying at the set RTH height of 60 metres when signal was lost.
The drone would have entered RTH soon after and flown toward the home point.
But to get to the home point, it would have tried to fly through the tower.

It's not really a fly-away. It was flying towards home in RTH mode when the log ends.
1593269634556.png
From the page you shared. 16.9 MPH is about 7.5 M/Sec so it is not having any problems overcoming the wind and if you extend the yellow line it is heading home. If Seahill tower is taller than 60M, I would expect to find the wreckage somewhere near the corner of the tower.

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
The last recorded location is just where the drone was when signal was blocked by Seahill Tower.
You were flying at the set RTH height of 60 metres when signal was lost.
The drone would have entered RTH soon after and flown toward the home point.
But to get to the home point, it would have tried to fly through the tower.

That's what happened:

1593271131661.png

Reactions: Seagull01
It's not really a fly-away. It was flying towards home in RTH mode when the log ends.
View attachment 106035
From the page you shared. 16.9 MPH is about 7.5 M/Sec so it is not having any problems overcoming the wind and if you extend the yellow line it is heading home. If Seahill tower is taller than 60M, I would expect to find the wreckage somewhere near the corner of the tower.

It's 28 floors, so definitely higher than 60 m.

Last edited:
I made a mistake. Forgot to update home point after I moved to the start of the yellow track.
I triggered RTH and was expecting it to fly back straight but it didn't and flew back to where the home point was first updated.
It was only after I uploaded the logs then I realised that it was not a flyaway.

I supposed it hit the building but then the last recorded point still shows the aircraft is at 200 feet.
Anyway, I am going to look for it again now.

I supposed it hit the building but then the last recorded point still shows the aircraft is at 200 feet.
When last recorded, the drone was still flying at 8.2 metres/sec and in stable flight.
The data does not record the crash which happened after signal was lost.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChickenOverload