DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini No Licence requirement question

I
She is not a good photographer, she is a good photoshop editor, two different things.
I stand corrected.Good photographers don't use Photoshop.But wait a minute...a relative of Ansel Adam's (famed American Photographer) stated that Ansel would have loved the capabilities of Photoshop as he was already using layers,crops,dodging and burning in the fine tuning of his iconic images.Some of his images were processed many different ways...but he wasn't a "good "Photographer as he was only a "good" darkroom technician.
RIIIIIIIGHT!
I stand by my earlier statement in that it isnt so much what you capture your image with as it is what you do with it.

I

I stand corrected.Good photographers don't use Photoshop.But wait a minute...a relative of Ansel Adam's (famed American Photographer) stated that Ansel would have loved the capabilities of Photoshop as he was already using layers,crops,dodging and burning in the fine tuning of his iconic images.Some of his images were processed many different ways...but he wasn't a "good "Photographer as he was only a "good" darkroom technician.
RIIIIIIIGHT!
I stand by my earlier statement in that it isnt so much what you capture your image with as it is what you do with it.

I'm glad we agree, I'm always saying it is the individual, not the hardware, in literally every aspect of life, every time.

With your analogy to Ansel, you actually confirmed what I was saying all along about hardware. Give great artists great hardware and magic will happen.
As you said: Ansel would love Photoshop, Photoshop is a new better-upgraded version of old analog darkroom (better hardware:) He was using state of the art top-shelf darkroom hardware at the time... Not low-end stuff.
As to the camers; he was using Hassleblad, Deardorf 8×10 and few other large format cameras. Large-format Deardorf 8x10 has no match even today, nothing can touch it, resolution and dynamic range wise.
151Megapixel Phase One camera is not even close to that old puppy. Leica was doing some study and concluded that 8x10 format is equal to an average of 710Megapixels. (top film was actually 1280MP!) I'm not aware of any 700MP cameras today.

Now having said that,the best camera to capture an image is the one you have with you.I think this is where the Mini shines.
I can afford to lose it from inside my car due to criminals,but won't take that chance with my Mavic 2 Pro.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead