DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini or GoPro Karma Drone?

As a first time drone flyer do you still think that I would regret getting the Mini 2 as the Mini 1 will be my first drone? Thanks to all that replied : )

Reactions: pelagic_one
As a first time drone flyer do you still think that I would regret getting the Mini 2 as the Mini 1 will be my first drone? Thanks to all that replied : )
Hi again Adam. You say you're a teenager and you're talking about possibly selling stock footage. I'm going to go a step further than my first reply to you earlier in the thread. I would suggest taking a slightly different route.

First, yes, I would suggest getting a Mini 2 rather than a Mini 1. This will teach you to go for something above a line of "acceptable" if you're thinking of quality of professional use. (it will also hold it's resale value better, if you wanted to sell it.)

If you are still wanting to try to get some money back, I would suggest that you forget the stock footage option and concentrate on finding local customers who might want to buy an aerial still photograph or even footage. This could be as simple as a local company who might want a photo showing their business premises from above. More than any money you might earn, the actual process of finding customers will teach you various life skills - including an introduction to marketing. You'll have to "sell yourself". The best way to do this is to be 100% honest (so no ******** or blagging it whatsoever). And, again, your equipment must be "above the line" of acceptability - which the Mini 2 is, just.

Whatever direction you later chose to pursue as an adult, you'll already have this experience to help. Unfortunately, school education - remember that? - rarely, if ever, helps in this way.

If you want to save money, do NOT go for the more expensive Combo option. One battery is still one battery. It will teach you self-discipline. You'll have to think more, prepare beforehand what you want to photograph or film, then execute it well. Then, after saving more, you can get another battery or batteries. (We only fly for professional work and until just over a year ago, we just used two batteries for our Phantom 4 Pro Plus. We eventually required a third one for a particular overseas assignment.) Quite often in life "less is more".

All the best.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
360Guy