DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Order Status And Final Delivery!

Yeah I did a search for "DJI clearance delay" and looks like it's happened to previous products. How long do they take to clear customs?

I just got off the phone with FedEx and the agent said customs is missing a form (think she said anti dumping form) and it needs to come from the shipper and that customs has reached out to the shipper but is not getting a response.
3 days to a week. it will clear, eventually.

Delivered this morning via fedex; ordered on DJI website on 10.31 (US based).

Mine shipped from DJI in ShenZen on Sunday Nov 10th. FedEx tracking shows it was to be delivered on Tuesday Nov 12th but now it shows it's been sitting in Anchorage for the last 3 days. Probably the last time I order direct from DJI.

Reactions: Starz
3 days to a week. it will clear, eventually.

Got confirmation from DJI that it cleared customs last night. Called FedEx this morning and they said while it did clear customs, it's not in transit and since it's sent via "Weekday Delivery" it probably won't be making a move until Monday :/. I asked if changing it to "hold at location for pickup" I could possibly pick it up tomorrow and the rep said seeing how it's currently not in transit, then it wouldn't make a difference.

I hope DJI shipping doesn't exhibit this behavior foe their black Friday deals.

It probably will, from my conversation with FedEx the shipper (DJI) failed to include required import documents/forms. Do a google search for "DJI Clearance Delay" and you can see this is not the first time they've had this issue.

Isn’t the problem with customs... or did I miss the thread you were responding to.

See my response above, DJI failed to provide the correct documents/forms for import. I did a lot of import & export at my last job and I know how tedious customs agents can be. But that's why you call your shipping/frieght forwarding rep and make sure all documents are included prior to shipping. Even when importing items to the US you can send the documents/forms/bill of lading prior to shipping the item(s) so they clear customs instantly.

I hope local retailers can honor DJI's deals or there will be lots of angry people wanting their stuff for Christmas and not getting it in time.

DJI should have a distribution center in NA.

Reactions: Thomas B
Anyone still looking, waiting...
I stopped in my City's Apple Store, they not only had them on display, the Sales Rep said they had ample stock in back.

So Apple Web Store may have stock too!
I'm in DesMoines, IA, Apple store at Jordan Creek Mall.

I pondered a 2nd Mini... but my Wife was in Mall staring at me though the glass... I could read her mind so I walked away.

I hope local retailers can honor DJI's deals or there will be lots of angry people wanting their stuff for Christmas and not getting it in time.

DJI should have a distribution center in NA.

What's DJI's deals?! I paid $499+Tax for the FMC from DJI.

Anyone still looking, waiting...
I stopped in my City's Apple Store, they not only had them on display, the Sales Rep said they had ample stock in back.

So Apple Web Store may have stock too!
I'm in DesMoines, IA, Apple store at Jordan Creek Mall.

I pondered a 2nd Mini... but my Wife was in Mall staring at me though the glass... I could read her mind so I walked away.

What's DJI's return policy if it already shipped? Tempted to go check my local apple store to pick one up then call fedex and tell them to return to sender.

What's DJI's deals?! I paid $499+Tax for the FMC from DJI.

What's DJI's return policy if it already shipped? Tempted to go check my local apple store to pick one up then call fedex and tell them to return to sender.
There isn't any price / sale deals... maybe inventory or simply stock??? :confused:

DJI Standard 14 days, Select 30 days...
Standard has a few minor hurdles, nothing preventative.

Black Friday deals. 3 topics about it on General forum.
Looks like some nice discounts on the M2Pro... I may pick up a Osmo Mini... little discount increases the interest. But no Mini in the list. Plus... if wanted the DJI Select Membership... the Osmo Mini qualifies as a needed purchase.

My FMC just arrived.. Was suppose to deliver on Tuesday but heard nothing, Friday afternoon got notification its on the way and was here Saturday morning.

Dont expect to see many discounts on new products from DJI..Most of the scumbag sellers (Who are also DJI Resellers) on eBay are selling them a full $100 above RRP!

Reactions: Ramacher
My FMC order from DJI is finally back on the move. Anyone have any experience with picking up a package from a local FedEx distribution center? If I'm tracking this properly it should arrive in houston at 5am. I'm wondering since it's shipped for weekday delivery if I can go to the FedEx hub and pick it up tomorrow?

Tracking info shows it departed Anchorage, AK at 3:02pm:
1573865583484.png
So it must be on this plane:
1573865670707.png

Then hopefully it gets on this plane:
1573865739117.png

Edit: Just rolled the dice and decided to choose "hold at location" in hopes that it'll get routed to the FedEx next to my apartment tomorrow vs waiting for it to be delivered on Monday.

Last edited:
I’m hoping your FedEx hopes don’t get dashed.
Tracking shows movement from Alaska on the one I ordered also, but left an hour and a half after yours. I’m thinking there are many FedEx planes going through that area per day, so figuring out which one has the package is probably a guess at best. As far as picking up from one of FedEx’s facilities, dont know your area. You may be able to find those hours of operation for your area and get lucky tomorrow. I’ll cross my fingers for you.
I have decided that this will be the last time I order an aircraft directly from DJI. Best Buy isn’t my favorite store(just don’t think they need any of my money)but, they are certainly easy to get something from.

Reactions: Hugabeen
I’m hoping your FedEx hopes don’t get dashed.
Tracking shows movement from Alaska on the one I ordered also, but left an hour and a half after yours. I’m thinking there are many FedEx planes going through that area per day, so figuring out which one has the package is probably a guess at best. As far as picking up from one of FedEx’s facilities, dont know your area. You may be able to find those hours of operation for your area and get lucky tomorrow. I’ll cross my fingers for you.
I have decided that this will be the last time I order an aircraft directly from DJI. Best Buy isn’t my favorite store(just don’t think they need any of my money)but, they are certainly easy to get something from.
Thank you! As I mentioned way earlier in this thread, I usually have good luck with things like this like getting it prior to release date or getting 2 when I ordered one (not with DJI, but other online purchases), but this one is just going wrong in every way. And I'm with you on not ordering directly from DJI any more. I usually prefer purchasing direct from the manufacturer but this has been a complete flop.

Seeing as how you're in Tucson, yours is probably on the FedEx flight to Oakland.
Here are all the FedEx flights out of anchorage:
1573870222665.png
Yours is most likely on FX86:
1573870257869.png
I'm not finding any FedEx flights from Oakland to Tucson but there's this one going to Phoenix:
1573871100368.png
And from there maybe on another carrier or by truck to tucson?

Confirmed from FedEx:
3:02PM IN TRANSIT Departed FedEx location ANCHORAGE, AK. Hopefully, heading to my destination, here in Georgia, and not back to HK. Delivery date is PENDING. Similar information on DJI tracking. I am hopeful of delivery early next week.

There isn't any price / sale deals... maybe inventory or simply stock??? :confused:

DJI Standard 14 days, Select 30 days...
Standard has a few minor hurdles, nothing preventative.

That's my fault. I failed to qualify my comment on deals that I meant the upcoming Black Friday deals. DJI will have another wave of orders and shipments when sale goes into effect, and hopefully those won't also get hung up at customs.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos