DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini prop has unstable shape ?

i think that the battery dimensions are identical in both versions its just a different type of battery and a less mAh

I'm pretty sure the Japanese version is 2 cell, but lighter cells with less capacity. I can't otherwise see having two versions of Mini with different input voltages.
1S = 3.7v average
2S = 7.2v average

However it's possible the battery latch is narrower for the Japanese version so that you can't use a non-Japanese version as the blocks would block full insertion.

Did some more digging and and as others have mentioned, turns out the Japanese version is a Li-po 2S, not Li-ion using 18650's.

This would still fit my speculation the guides may have been added because the Japanese batteries aren't as solid as the 18650 batteries. Li-po cells are normally in pouches, not hard metal enclosures like the 18650's.

As for a difference in the battery bays, it's already been confirmed there are only two versions of the Mini itself, the CE version and the FAA version. The only additional difference on the Japanese version other than the battery supplied is that it says 199g instead of 249g on the side. It's also been confirmed by Dji that the batteries are interchangeable as discussed in this thread:

Anyway, that's still my theory. :)

Reactions: Frank Windt
Of coarse I couldn't find this thread before I took off the Props..

The props looked fine to me, so I just took them all off.

Then I laid them all down flat, I now could see something.
I failed to mark what was on the front, and what was on the back.

It was hard to find something small enough and straight enough, coat hanger had to do.

I posted three vids from my phone. I slide them so you can tell is not the coat hanger effecting the props.

Mavic Mini
Props that were already installed on the Mini.

Replacement props that came with the package.

Props that were already installed
Different view, different order.

These props have never been used.
I have started the motors twice yesterday, after I removed the props.
This MavMin has not been flown yet.

Rod

Last edited:
Reactions: ThorDar
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman