DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini propellers hitting during flight

Red_Pyro

Reactions
Hi everyone,

I recently got a Mavic Mini, and long story short on my second flight I wanted to try it indoors (Yes I was very dumb) and result it hit a chair. Fortunately I had the propeller guards and just replaced 2 lightly damaged propellers and thought it was a wrap.

However, since then and having more flying experience, I started flying "harder" and it resulted in strange noises. When I dive forward and down with the drone, or when I descend full speed on sport mode, a weird noise appears, usually for 1 second, and it's the same noise as when a lawnmower blade hits a rock. I checked the blades rotating while hovering the drone and it seems fine, so my guess is that the blades move off their axis a little when they're subjected to sudden and fast motion changes. It probably is the same blades I had to replace after the indoor accident.

As this ever occurred to anyone else ? Should I try to check the propellers again or do you think it's a result from the accident I had indoor ?

Thanks you all for your help

did you check that they were screwed in straight ,its quite tricky to do they appear ok but the thread can be a little off ,with the guards on it locks the front and rear arms together just check the crash did not twist the front arms slightly as the are not as ridgid as the rear arms

Reactions: Red_Pyro and WooZie
Hi,

For me it can be partialy caused by the flexibility of the front arms, especially the way they can be twisted on they axe. I suggest to try this type of landing gear extension that prevent the rotation of front arms.

20200203_195222.jpg20200203_194915.jpg

Just a word of advice. The mini is not an FPV Racing Drone it’s an Aerial Photo/Video Drone that is extremely light weight. You might not want to dog on it too much. Wear and tear can accumulate on such a delicate system. I try not to go in any one direction full speed for to long of a duration. My brother has a MM and has really dogged on it, usually flying in Sport mode the majority of the time. It is now noticeably louder than mine. I totally agree with Old Man Mavic the screws can be a bit misleading.

Reactions: hashfly and m80116
Why do so many MM posts begin with confessions and end with regrets?

It's so simple, wait for the GREEN light, THEN march defiantly AFTER the traffic has stopped.

EZPZ!

did you check that they were screwed in straight ,its quite tricky to do they appear ok but the thread can be a little off ,with the guards on it locks the front and rear arms together just check the crash did not twist the front arms slightly as the are not as ridgid as the rear arms
Thanks for the tip, I did it and will see on my next flight how it works out

Just a word of advice. The mini is not an FPV Racing Drone it’s an Aerial Photo/Video Drone that is extremely light weight. You might not want to dog on it too much. Wear and tear can accumulate on such a delicate system. I try not to go in any one direction full speed for to long of a duration. My brother has a MM and has really dogged on it, usually flying in Sport mode the majority of the time. It is now noticeably louder than mine. I totally agree with Old Man Mavic the screws can be a bit misleading.
You're right, sport mode is rarely uselful

Why do so many MM posts begin with confessions and end with regrets?

It's so simple, wait for the GREEN light, THEN march defiantly AFTER the traffic has stopped.

EZPZ!
I'm Swiss so I never cross red lights ?. And this small crash cured my need to go fast and end up like those idiots crashing on first flight

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent