DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini quick release props

Fallen

Reactions
I saw these on Amazon today. Amazon.com: RCGEEK Mavic Mini Drone Motor Covers Caps and Height Extender Holder Parts for Mavic Mini Propellers Cover kit Compatible with DJI Mavic Mini Drone Accessory 4 Packs: Toys & Games
It doesn't say quick release in the title, but if you read the description, and look at the pictures it obviously is.

They look interesting, but all the reviews are for different products. I would like to hear some opinions/experiences about them. Mainly I'm concerned about two things.
#1 would they overwork the motors due to the extra weight? (1.7gr each)
#2 Are they reliable? Wouldn't want a disconnect while flying.

They also cover the motors and raise the props a little.
I'm interested in them because I always worry about pinching and flattening the props during storage. Removing them would solve that problem.

What do you think?

The purpose is understandable, but is it worth losing your aircraft?
Without some real test data to help with making this choice, may not be any benefit.
I do think it’s odd that the review information doesn’t seem to relate to the pictured product.

I wouldn't take the chance with these, especially while still under warranty. Having one fly off at 300 feet in the air and a mile away just wouldn't be fun.

Reactions: Xanadu and roosta
Thanks for the replies. I wouldn't even consider trying them unless they had raving reviews by the MM community.

After getting a little sleep I finally realized what should have been obvious. I modified the case by cutting a strip of foam where the blades were making contact.

I wouldn't take the chance with these, especially while still under warranty. Having one fly off at 300 feet in the air and a mile away just wouldn't be fun.

I second that. Eliminate problems that are likely to happen with anything battery/prop related by avoid 3rd party...esoecially if you want DJI coverage for warranty.

RoOSTA

Reactions: Xanadu
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll