DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini range

Starman1969

Reactions
Hiya i have a mavic mini and am quite new to all of this.first off i love it.my question is iread on the forum about how far people fly there mini and am amazed.i live in a built up city(Birmingham,england)and the farthest i can fly is about 130m in distance is that about right for where i live.i am using iphone 11 plus.should i change any settings on my phone to get more range.

thanks
Phil

What range do you have on you DJI Fly app. I note that due to the airport, there are large sections of Birmingham that are no fly zones too.

its to do with the amount of WIFI interference from all the people using the internet all around you i am surprised that you fly in a city,do you mean from your home , or do you go out some distance to fly,

Reactions: 72evenant and NonoT
Yes i fly it from my garden just for fun and it is built up around here with lots of wifi.i have the range set very high.i live about 8 mile from the nearest airport so that shouldnt be an issue.

Theres lots of wifi noise in cities. Manually selecting 5.8ghz band may help as it is normally less busy. You can manually change by going into the menu, then to transmission. Pick a channel that's not busy - the high numbers are 5.8ghz.

Ive never flown far in town as there are very few places you can properly legally fly. If you keep to the drone code you should be 150m away from built up areas (ie anywhere in a town or city, including parks) and 50m away from people and individual buildings out in the open.

Fly safe and have fun!

Reactions: 72evenant
I've had maybe 200m range when fairly close to houses, flying along a river with the houses on one side. Out flying across fields this goes up to 600+m and easily beyond the point you can't see the drone any more. You could expect to get more than 1km on 2.4ghz which gives better range than 5.8ghz if theres not much other wifi noise.

Hi. I have mini CE version and in open field I get about 1,5-1,7 km without any glitches. No antenna moding, no boosters.

Reactions: scro
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fotcs