DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini rc signal lost

Keithelliott

Reactions
Hi all, new to the site, my mavic mini lost signal with rc this evening, it was directly over me. It didn’t say it was returning to home but just dropped down itself, luckily enough it was above me. Did it just drop cause it was over the rth site??

You lost the signal BECAUSE the Mini was directly over you. When flying, your antennas must be oriented vertically (90 degrees) towards Mini. When above you, your antennas must be oriented horizontally (90 degrees) towards Mini.

Look at this short video:

And, because it already was over home point, it just landed.

Reactions: fificap
Hello! If you have the RTH option selected (The application has two more options to execute if it loses the signal), the aircraft will execute the option after 10 seconds of disconnection. How high were you flying? Do you have antennas or other interference elements near your flight?
In this forum there are many people who know a lot, so you will already have the right answer!
Cheers!!

You lost the signal BECAUSE the Mini was directly over you. When flying, your antennas must be oriented vertically (90 degrees) towards Mini. When above you, your antennas must be oriented horizontally (90 degrees) towards Mini.

Look at this short video:

And, because it already was over home point, it just landed.
I was thinking that was what happened, thanks for the quick reply!! Safe flying

Reactions: Dedal
Hi all, new to the site, my mavic mini lost signal with rc this evening, it was directly over me. It didn’t say it was returning to home but just dropped down itself, luckily enough it was above me. Did it just drop cause it was over the rth site??

Others have answered your questions above. I have included the manuals info since those two questions are often asked.

The downloadable User PDF Manual is here https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_Mini/Mavic_Mini_User_Manual_v1.0_en_1.pdf

The screen shots that pertain to your questions are below.

Hope this helps others.

***** If the AC is above you, direct the antennas up - The flat part, not the point. *****
Antenna Direction - Page 29.jpg

***** If less than 20 meters away from Home Point ******
RTH Procedure 20 m.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bolt77