DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

[Mavic Mini] Re enable developer tools in DJI Assistant 2

Follow the instructions on this site, you have to connect the mini whit assistant and the close, download and run the exe file, when is connected you'll be able to see and change parameters.
I've changed succesfully the altitude when no gps is detected (indoor fight) and the up/down speed.
I've changed the parameter about airport limt but i've no chance to verify it .... maybe someone will do

cheers

Follow the instructions on this site, you have to connect the mini whit assistant and the close, download and run the exe file, when is connected you'll be able to see and change parameters.
I've changed succesfully the altitude when no gps is detected (indoor fight) and the up/down speed.
I've changed the parameter about airport limt but i've no chance to verify it .... maybe someone will do

cheers

What's the name for the parameter the controls the max altitude with no gps lock?

Hello, I am new and I don't know much how to write in English, but I would like to contribute something to this thread. It turns out that today I reviewing the new update of the mavic mini (V01.00.0500). I noticed that some ranges were changed and dimensioned to limit the modification.(I suggest the tool created in github o-gs / dji-firmware-tools)
For example, in the maximum tilt parameter in sport mode, the range in degrees goes from <10 - 60> and now goes from <10 - 30> .So it would not allow to increase the value of tilt .
This also happens with other values.
At the moment I do not know if the maximum and minimum limits can be modified.
I still keep checking.

Hello, I am new and I don't know much how to write in English, but I would like to contribute something to this thread. It turns out that today I reviewing the new update of the mavic mini (V01.00.0500). I noticed that some ranges were changed and dimensioned to limit the modification.(I suggest the tool created in github o-gs / dji-firmware-tools)
For example, in the maximum tilt parameter in sport mode, the range in degrees goes from <10 - 60> and now goes from <10 - 30> .So it would not allow to increase the value of tilt .
This also happens with other values.
At the moment I do not know if the maximum and minimum limits can be modified.
I still keep checking.

Please report back and let us know. You have confirmed what I have suspected and feared in regards to tilt param being neutered.

Really bad news, 30 degree max tilt isn’t enough to fight the wind. So many MM will be lost in the coming weeks.

Please report back and let us know. You have confirmed what I have suspected and feared in regards to tilt param being neutered.

Really bad news, 30 degree max tilt isn’t enough to fight the wind. So many MM will be lost in the coming weeks.

That is incorrect information - the maximum tilt in sport mode has always been 30°.

That is incorrect information - the maximum tilt in sport mode has always been 30°.
That's true. Is the maximum default value. But I mean that in the previous version you can change the value to have a greater tilt angle. The new software version limits that certain parameters cannot be increased in value.

[QUOTE = "NoGoodNames420, publicación: 974699, miembro: 123085"]
Me encantaría una mejor explicación sobre cómo hacer esto.
[/ CITA]

That's true. Is the maximum default value. But I mean that in the previous version you can change the value to have a greater tilt angle. The new software version limits that certain parameters cannot be increased in value.

Ah - understood. I misread your original comment. That said, I'm really not sure that you want the Mini to be able to go past 30° - it's barely able to hold altitude at 30°.

Ah - understood. I misread your original comment. That said, I'm really not sure that you want the Mini to be able to go past 30° - it's barely able to hold altitude at 30°.
For strong winds it works fine. Of course, certain modifications must be made to other parameters for the problem of height loss. But I can attest that the modification helps for the return. Especially in emergency situations when the aircraft drift in the air.

For strong winds it works fine. Of course, certain modifications must be made to other parameters for the problem of height loss. But I can attest that the modification helps for the return. Especially in emergency situations when the aircraft drift in the air.

No - it's ability to maintain altitude has nothing to do with wind speed. It's purely determined by whether the vertical component of motor thrust is equal to the weight of the aircraft.

No - it's ability to maintain altitude has nothing to do with wind speed. It's purely determined by whether the vertical component of motor thrust is equal to the weight of the aircraft.

I mean the loss of altitude due to the greater inclination of the aircraft

Can you elaborate?

Sure. By changing the tilt value to a higher one, I can bring the drone back with higher horizontal component. When there is headwind, the drone needs to have a greater angle to advance, in addition to increasing the speed of the motors. If only the angle is increased, the drone loses height due to the greater inclination. But, if you increase the angle and speed of the engines, the aircraft does not lose altitude and can advance. Although, it is not all that needs to be changed to make it work, but the main thing.

Sure. By changing the tilt value to a higher one, I can bring the drone back with higher horizontal component. When there is headwind, the drone needs to have a greater angle to advance, in addition to increasing the speed of the motors. If only the angle is increased, the drone loses height due to the greater inclination. But, if you increase the angle and speed of the engines, the aircraft does not lose altitude and can advance. Although, it is not all that needs to be changed to make it work, but the main thing.

Right, but the problem is that the rear motor speeds are already maxed out, and so it's not a fully independent variable.

Try with the --alt option. I dont seem to need it in .200. This certainly works on mine.

./comm_og_service_tool.py /dev/ttyACM0 WM160 FlycParam set vert_vel_down_adding_max_0 -3
Is it working under Linux? I'am trying to use comm_og_service_tool with Remote control connected to my linux pc but failed. What firmware version should I have? My mini is under 500 and if it is connected to pc there is no suitable /dev/ttyUSB0 or /dev/ttyACM0. It operates as USB Mass Storage device.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS