DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Restricted to around 90 ft.(30M) Max Altitude

It does appear that the flight log is stating that the "payload mode" is being activated. I can only think this is due to the landing gear as nothing else has been added. I will check my settings as well.

It does appear that the flight log is stating that the "payload mode" is being activated. I can only think this is due to the landing gear as nothing else has been added. I will check my settings as well.

Yes - that's payload mode.

259.0 PAYLOAD MODE ENABLED. MAX ALTITUDE SET TO 98 FT AND MAX DISTANCE SET TO 164 FT.

Reactions: Thomas B and Trugs
Even though the leg extensions only add about 19 grams, I recently found that they activated the payload mode when I was trying to fly from an altitude location at around 6500 feet. However, when I removed them, I didn't experience the limitations that payload mode activates. It's hard to believe that 19 grams makes a difference.

Reactions: Trugs
Do you happen to fly in an area that has an altitude restriction due to being near an airport?
I‘ve experienced this where I am currently vacationing. I get a LANNC authorization to100’, but when climbing the drone stops at 98’. I’ve tested this by setting my max altitude to 107’. So the geo fencing is doing its job and won’t allow the drone to break the altitude restriction.

Do you happen to fly in an area that has an altitude restriction due to being near an airport?
I‘ve experienced this where I am currently vacationing. I get a LANNC authorization to100’, but when climbing the drone stops at 98’. I’ve tested this by setting my max altitude to 107’. So the geo fencing is doing its job and won’t allow the drone to break the altitude restriction.

This question has already been answered - the aircraft is in payload mode.

Reactions: Trugs
I have experienced this a few times when flying at higher altitudes in the mountains.

One time I checked the payload setting and it had been automatically turned on because I was at higher Altitude and had to go in s turn it off. Annoying!

I have this problem too, on a Mini 2, but not always.IMG_3479.jpg
Range limited to 50m. Height to 30m
I get a message saying Log in or "Flight altitude/range restricted. Log in or go to real-name authentication". (See file attached)
I have spent a couple of days on the DJI support chatline with no luck. They strangely don't seem to have come across this problem.
I have waited for Home position to be updated. Checked GPS is locked in, Signed out then signed in again. Skipped the introductory tutorial, Can't find any reference to beginner mode.
It doesn't happen every time. But more often than not I get a restriction.
I'm guessing a poor or intermittent GPS lock could be the cause, or the drone GPS chip is faulty.
Has anyone found an answer to this yet?

For anyone who is still getting this problem - as I did with my mini 2, I think I have found the cause and the solution.

The message Range/height restricted to 50/30m sign in with real name etc. Was a red herring in my case.

The problem, I think, was that the mini sometimes needs several minutes to find sufficient GPS satellites for an accurate fix. When it only has a few satellites, it will take off but range and altitude will be restricted to 50/30m.

So what I do now is reverse the setup procedure advised by DJI Fly. I,e......

1) extend the rotors on the mini, switch it on and position it ready for takeoff
2) switch on the remote control (which then starts communicating with the mini).
3) connect the remote to the mobile
4) turn on the phone and open the DGI Fly app.

You should find that the app immediately opens in camera mode.
The app should immediately confirm that home location has been updated
Check that the GPS symbol is white
Follow any calibration requests.
Set RTH height etc

By now the mini has had several minutes to establish a strong GPS fix and you should find no height or range restrictions other than those that you have set in 'control' or that are determined by your geolocation.

This has worked for me with no issues every time so far. I hope it works for others who are experiencing this frustrating issue.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calezu