DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Restricted to around 90 ft.(30M) Max Altitude

Trugs

Reactions
I recently purchased a Mavic Mini and I am having an issue when flying. Take off and low flying is working fine, but if I try to go high up in the air at about 90 ft. my altitude meter turns red. It lets me ascend still but at 98ft. it stops like there is a maximum height set. I checked the settings and saw a maximum altitude setting but it is set much higher than this at over 300ft!

I recently ran into a few threads and videos claiming to have the exact same issue as me and I was relieved to finally figure out what is going on. The problem is, the threads and videos I have seen and read are all regarding the Mavic 2 and other higher end drones that use the "DJI GO 4" app. I read that the DJI Go 4 app will still fly the drone but will set this exact height restriction if you are not signed into the app properly. My problem is I am flying the Mavic Mini on the "DJI fly" app and I am having the exact same problem and cant find any resolutions. I have checked all of the settings(I think), have made sure I am signed in, and have made sure all the firmware is updated.

Any ideas of what could be going on and what I can do to fix it?

Reactions: old man mavic
I did see this too, but I have not deactivated my "Downward Vision System". Unless it is disabled by default and I have to enabled it?

I am not sure about a GPS position lock. I am new to DJI, would it be a setting in my app?

There is no setting to deactivate downward vision system. Some have put tape on the sensors to deactivate it for whatever reason they have.
GPS lock will show on the phone screen, upper right, far left of that row of icons. The little satellite symbol is accompanied by the number of satellites in use. If it’s red, you have no lock. If it’s white you have GPS lock.
It can take maybe a minute or so to get GPS lock. Take off and hover until you hear the home point update. Check your GPS symbol and it should be white.

Reactions: Trugs
Do you have the prop guards or any other accessory installed on the drone.

I found that mine doesn't set a payload height limit when the prop guard is on the drone.

I did see this too, but I have not deactivated my "Downward Vision System". Unless it is disabled by default and I have to enabled it?

I am not sure about a GPS position lock. I am new to DJI, would it be a setting in my app?

It's not that it is disabled - but it only works up to around 30 ft, and so becomes unavailable above that.

Do you have the prop guards or any other accessory installed on the drone.

I found that mine doesn't set a payload height limit when the prop guard is on the drone.

Yes, I have the PGYTECH landing gear installed on it. Is it possible its feeling that weight and considering it a payload and restricting my height because of that?

welcome to the forum, are you in beginner mode still, which restricts your height and distance, your height and distance are also restricted if the prop guards are fitted

Yes, I have the PGYTECH landing gear installed on it. Is it possible its feeling that weight and considering it a payload and restricting my height because of that?
check to see if you have payload activated in settings the landing gear should not affect it

Reactions: WooZie and Trugs
There is no setting to deactivate downward vision system. Some have put tape on the sensors to deactivate it for whatever reason they have.
GPS lock will show on the phone screen, upper right, far left of that row of icons. The little satellite symbol is accompanied by the number of satellites in use. If it’s red, you have no lock. If it’s white you have GPS lock.
It can take maybe a minute or so to get GPS lock. Take off and hover until you hear the home point update. Check your GPS symbol and it should be white.

I have noticed that symbol on the far left is red quite often. I didn't realize what it was. I will over in place while monitoring this icon. Thanks!

welcome to the forum, are you in beginner mode still, which restricts your height and distance, your height and distance are also restricted if the prop guards are fitted

I do not think I am in beginner mode. But, I am not certain. I need to look in to how to enable and disable the beginner mode as well. I don't have any prop guards yet, I have them on order for indoor flying only.

If I have the landing gear installed should I payload activated or deactivated?
deactivated ,when the prop guards are fitted the payload will automatically activate regardless of what setting the app is on

Reactions: Trugs and WooZie
I do not think I am in beginner mode. But, I am not certain. I need to look in to how to enable and disable the beginner mode as well. I don't have any prop guards yet, I have them on order for indoor flying only.

I don't think there is a beginner mode on the Mini. If you are logged in then this has to be a GPS problem.

I definetly do think it could be that. I used the prop guards and it restricted the height and gave me a payload error.

I definetly do think it could be that. I used the prop guards and it restricted the height and gave me a payload error.

I have several things to try when I get home from work today and flying it without the landing gear is now one of them. Thank you

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi