DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini screws

Flytelandon

Reactions
Can u reuse screws as I just bought motor covers and didnt come with new screws, anyone have a link to buy a pack of screws? Perhaps amazon so I can apply to an order, thanks in advance

before you attache the covers put a screw through the mounting hole and observe if there is enough of the screws thread sticking out ,to give a good attachment to the motor ,and check that after fitment the props are still able to move freely

before you attache the covers put a screw through the mounting hole and observe if there is enough of the screws thread sticking out ,to give a good attachment to the motor ,and check that after fitment the props are still able to move freely
Thanks oldman, I will do a good cleaning of threads and watch for no hangup of the props to ensure they fall smoothly

Reactions: old man mavic
just a final thing go real easy with the thread lock, only put it on the thread that goes into the motor, you only need a small amount,and as these covers could reduce motor cooling, keep an eye on the temps of the motors after flight, you probably wont have issues at this time of year ,as it is cold anyway

Reactions: Thomas B and scooot
just a final thing go real easy with the thread lock, only put it on the thread that goes into the motor, you only need a small amount,and as these covers could reduce motor cooling, keep an eye on the temps of the motors after flight, you probably wont have issues at this time of year ,as it is cold anyway
Ahhhh I understand thanks, only reason for covers is to keep crap out but if it may cause motor over heating, i might not take the chance, i will just buy a can of compressed air to keep it clean

Reactions: old man mavic
I remove one screw and reuse it and it is as secure as the others. I think you can reuse them for at least once.

Ahhhh I understand thanks, only reason for covers is to keep crap out but if it may cause motor over heating, i might not take the chance, i will just buy a can of compressed air to keep it clean
be careful with canned air it can cause damage if used to close to objects you would be better off with a hand puffer ,it does the job with no damage you can find them on amazon or Ebay

I remove one screw and reuse it and it is as secure as the others. I think you can reuse them for at least once.
dji dont recommend you reuse the screw as the blue thread locking on them is one use only it is activated by the friction of screwing it into the motor, its ok to reuse as long as you remove all old stuff and apply new to the thread

Reactions: phantomi
be careful with canned air it can cause damage if used to close to objects you would be better off with a hand puffer ,it does the job with no damage you can find them on amazon or Ebay

Good advice On compressed air cans.I blew some bits and pieces out off a iPhone speaker and the sound was never the same.

DJI support just informed me that I can reuse the screws. I am not sure if the chat rep agent was not well informed but he seemed sure. He also appears to have checked with his team.

Can someone point me to official DJI webpage or communication where they say that screws need to be replaced

1579150394879.png

I have reused with no problem. Just check them after and before flying to be sure they are completely in.

Its obvious that you can use the same screws as long as the screw has no damage! And not cleaning off the rest of the blue agent helps also, as it causes extra friction and hence the screw is better screwed in! It is vital to always check them though, just to be sure all is good and some weird vibrations have not started to unscrew one of them.

Sweet

:)

Can u reuse screws as I just bought motor covers and didnt come with new screws, anyone have a link to buy a pack of screws? Perhaps amazon so I can apply to an order, thanks in advance
I know this is an old thread... but many people are still asking this question and maybe new readers can benefit from this suggestion...
Yes you can reuse the screws if they are undamaged....
DO clean off old thread locker (it was suggested NOT to clean it in a previous post... *I would only suggest this if you are NOT going to apply new thread locker and in emergency/field type repairs when you have no choice)
It was also suggested to use the gel thread locker and properly suggested to use sparingly and to be careful.... But if you are like me and have sausage fingers and tend to overdo everything, I would suggest using what comes on the factory screws.... same blue thread locker but in a stick.(similar to chapstick)
Found the best price here, it also shipped free:
f03e585005a2255acc9191bb8ef107ce.jpg

Reactions: Mrveronn

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure