DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini SE video jitter problems

miserlou

Reactions
Hi folks, I've been filming a lot with my Mini SE and still having jitter problems in the video. I'm currently shooting with the 180 degree rule with various Freewell filters and the jitter is better but still not as buttery smooth as a lot of Mini footage I see on YouTube. I'm shooting 1/60 at 30fps. Should I be shooting 1/50 at 25fps? What are other folks getting good video results with?

Thanks!!

Do you have the sync video to phone option on? This can increase lag slightly and induce jitters.
Aside from that, I would check the transmission tab for interference.

Are you seeing the jitter on the full quality video files thst are saved on the SD card in the drone, or on the low res previews that get saved on your phone/tablet in parallel, or both? Any examples you could provide?

Reactions: FloydNY
Hard to say without a sample, but one common cause of "jitter" is insufficient processing power to play 2.7K video smoothly. If you're playing directly from the card, it may help to copy the files to your computer first.

miserlou, I'm very new to this world and I'm sure you have a lot more stick time/experience than me. However, these are the settings I use:

Resolution 2.7k
Frame Rate 30 or 24

ProMode

ISO 100
Shutter Speed 1/60 or 1/48
White Balance 5600k

Cache When Recording On
Max Video Cache Capacity 4GB

Got a 2m 30s video yesterday afternoon and transferred it my laptop, the playback was pretty 'ok' so I uploaded the video to YouTube.....only to realise that I'd been using "P Mode" instead of "Cine Mode"!!

Using "P Mode" may well account for some of the lack of smoothness in my video (which looks a little like lag).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998