DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 SE FPV

Badgerman85

Reactions
Hello everyone,

I am confused a lot - I am looking for a new drone (have Tello now) and considering mini SE , mini 2 SE and mini 2. Priority for me is range and availability of FPV mode (flight immersive experience in googles). I know that officially none of them can do that, so I am after unofficial way to achieve it, same as I have done with Tello and 3rd party googles.

Priorities:
- min ~30 min per battery
- FPV capabilities (official or not)
- good video/picture mode (2.7k is enough - no extra points for 4k mode ;) )

Technically, Mini 2SE is the best value, but is not supported by Litchi now (and no one know when). Is there any way to have stereoscopic view for mini 2 SE in googles ?
Mini SE is supported by Litchi, but is equipped with the old controller. Also range of max 4km and practical more like 1.5km is not the idle one (but still far better than extended range of 300m in Tello)
Mini 2 is the best from both worlds, but also older model and more expensive than mini 2 se.

Could anyone share own experience in this area ?

@Badgerman85 firstly welcome to the forum
why are you not considering the Mini 3 pro, it has superior flight characteristics ,and already has the ability to be flown with goggles and the new motion controller

@Badgerman85 firstly welcome to the forum
why are you not considering the Mini 3 pro, it has superior flight characteristics ,and already has the ability to be flown with goggles and the new motion controller
Let say that for Mini 2 it will be max what I can afford in terms of money. And that will be also an extreme end. Mini 3 / Pro is completely out of financial range.

the problem you have, is that the lower priced Minis are not really capable of the sort of flying you want, as you have already found out
and DJI have gone to great lengths with their recent drones,to stop consumers from modifying their drones ,as they want you to buy their versions of FPV drones like the Avata
the state of the worlds economies right now ,and the availability ,and cost of electronic components ,has unfortunately ramped up the price of off the shelf consumer drones ,

Let say that for Mini 2 it will be max what I can afford in terms of money. And that will be also an extreme end. Mini 3 / Pro is completely out of financial range.
Then you can't get there from here....

Well, according to Litchi soft dev, you do not need as superior drone as mini 3 pro to do what I said. Let say that I am "sunday drone pilot" who would like to enjoy basic fpv experience at entry level cost. Unfortunately funds are allowing me to choose between mini se with fly more combo (and support of litchi), mini 2 se plain (and not supported yet. Also support not confirmed) and mini 2 that is at the end of funds range (and is also supported). For my advance level there is no reason to pay that money for mini 3 pro + googles and motion controller.

Atm in fact the true competitors are mini se and mini 2. The question is that superior range of mini 2 is worth paying almost double price. Eventually is anyone forced mini 2 se to do even basic fpv (what in my definition is to use stereoscopic view of camera capture during fly and using google cardboard like googles)

RUFFSTUFF - what do you mean ?

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman