DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Stalling regularly, Please help! Link in the description

FellipeR89

Reactions
Hey guys,

I have a little over 200 safe flights on my Mini and for a while now I've been dealing with a little issue that is puzzling me. My Mini for no apparent reason will often stall, and twist horizontally and then return. This has been happening quite often. I Always calibrate my drone before flight, and do the usual pre-flight safety checks.
All firmware and app is updated. Gimbal calibration, and IMU calibration does not seem to resolve this issue. Any support will be greatly appreciated!
Here is a link showing what happens

• Wow
Reactions: Capt KO
Watching. This will be interesting to find out what causes this one.
When you say you calibrate before every flight, what is the reason for that and what are you calibrating?

Hi there & welcome to the forum ? :D

Unfortunately a vid only leaves the field open for a bunch of speculations ... what we need in order to say anything is the mobile device TXT log to start with.

Go here and read up under point 3 how to retrieve it --> Flight log retrieval and analysis guide , attach then the log in a new post here.

Here is a link showing what happens
That looks like the drone is stable but the gimbal is moving.
Do you only see it up high where wind will be stronger than on the ground?
Does it happen at low altitude in calm conditions?

Reactions: Capt KO
Watching. This will be interesting to find out what causes this one.
When you say you calibrate before every flight, what is the reason for that and what are you calibrating?
I do the
That looks like the drone is stable but the gimbal is moving.
Do you only see it up high where wind will be stronger than on the ground?
Does it happen at low altitude in calm conditions?

Nope it happens regardless of Altitude, and it doesn't seem to be just the gimbal because the whole drone will twist to the side like a spasm !
I'm really puzzled

Nope it happens regardless of Altitude, and it doesn't seem to be just the gimbal because the whole drone will twist to the side like a spasm !
I'm really puzzled

Are you puzzled enough to post the flight log, so that we can actually determine what happened rather than just guessing?

Reactions: Thomas B and Meta4
it doesn't seem to be just the gimbal because the whole drone will twist to the side like a spasm !
It still looks like gimbal movement rather than the drone swinging around.
But the recorded flight data should show if the drone itself is acting like that.

This exact template happened to me once. Didn't really have time to look into it but I know I was playing my lucking chances, my Mini (fitted w/ ND-PL filter) was fighting a predicted wind of ~6 m/s over a hill with ~30% battery. And before you go: wooooh you MM tard, I set RTH very low (but still higher than the hill top) should the worst happen, I was close and vLOS, and I had to operate a battery past below 30% because of DJI. Had I had the comfort of having some additional battery beyond the remaining two... anyway... scared the hell out of me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000