DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini - Strange behavior indoors

Leviann

Reactions
Hello everyone,

So recently I downloaded DJI Assistant app on my PC and connected drone to computer. Then I tried to download flight logs. App was freezing for about an hour and I tried to chat with DJI support on what should I do.
They suggested to just shut down an app and disconnect drone. So I did.

Then I tried to fly a little bit indoors, just to recheck it worked fine after this.
When I started my flight, I tried to move a little bit and it's stability was... not perfect. He started to fly a bit sideways, slowly decreasing altitude.
Then I tried to place my hand underneath sensor to check if it fly up (as it should).
Instead of that, he started to fly backwards, hit a wall, shut down and crashed. Without any injures, because altitude was very low and I had propeller guards.

I tried to recalibrate compass and IMU. And then tried to fly again. Everything worked fine after that.

However, I am pretty scared of what happened and fear to fly outdoors now.
Was it a normal behavior for it? Should I need to calibrate everything each time before any flight?

Last edited:
Reactions: Davros007
It was probably to dark for the VPS to function

It will fly better outdoors where you'll have GPS to make things easier.
That is very good to hear, thank you. I'll try to fly a bit today.
Without being able to see the flight data, we can't tell what happened so don't know if it was normal.
Exporting this data is actually the main point of my concern. App just freezes and won't allow me to download anything. I'll try again with another machine.

It was probably to dark for the VPS to function
Yep, it was behaving normal in my living room. Started to act weird on pretty dark corridor and crashed on the kitchen (also pretty dark).

Thanks for your replies!
I'll try to fly more today, export flight data and update this topic anyway.

Exporting this data is actually the main point of my concern. App just freezes and won't allow me to download anything. I'll try again with another machine.
You don't need to run the app to get the flight data.

Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you

Or just post the .txt file.

Or just post the .txt file.

Yep, got the info directly from phone. Found and filtered 2 cases of "Forced Landing".

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2020-07-01_[18-09-13].txt
    53.3 KB · Views: 5
  • DJIFlightRecord_2020-07-01_[18-11-01].txt
    87.1 KB · Views: 1
  • DJIFlightRecord_2020-07-01_[18-12-25].txt
    151.5 KB · Views: 1
  • DJIFlightRecord_2020-07-01_[18-18-17].txt
    48.5 KB · Views: 3
  • DJIFlightRecord_2020-07-01_[18-18-53].txt
    90.6 KB · Views: 2
Just tried to fly outdoors and everything looks great. Used it for around 1 hour, reached my new record altitude of 105 m and distance 700 m.
No issues at all!

Thanks everyone for supporting me!

1593956776756.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser