DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini sudden drop & crash (broken)

Laubelgium

Reactions
Hi,

As a happy drone enthousiast, i bought the Mavic Mini 2 weeks ago. Took it with me on holiday and made some beautiful clips.
Today I was shooting the start of our youth camp, and after 30 seconds of the fligt, the drone suddenly drops dead and crashed..

Was flying aprox. 10 meters above ground and aprox 10 meters in distance away from me.
The drone crashed on the roof of the garage and the front legs are both broken +power system hardware error (code: 30210)
As I am new to the drone club, I am also new to the service of DJI itself.

Can I make a case and ask for a new one, or is this not common?
Should I just buy a new one (want to fly asap again), and do I buy the same or is there a more reliable option from DJI?

Thanks a lot in advance for taking the time to answer my message,I included screenshots, movie and flight data .
Writing from Antwerp, Belgium, have a nice evening!

Lauren

Attachments

• IMG_0886.jpg
    IMG_0886.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0887.jpg
    IMG_0887.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0888.jpg
    IMG_0888.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0889.PNG
    IMG_0889.PNG
    951.1 KB · Views: 64
  • Sad
Reactions: Torcan
My first thought before looking at your video...it sounded like prop failure. After watching your videos, I am certain that it was prop failure. You had a warning @:12 sec and @:15 sec into the flight to return due to a bad prop. You ignored the warnings!!!

The arms and legs are difficult to repair, as the entire aircraft has to be disassembled to solder the new legs to the esc. The legs and motors are relatively cheap, so is the body, and also available now. It would be a time consuming project to do yourself, and not worth the cost of having it done professionally.

I hope this helps with your decision and future flying of DJI drones. Do not ignore the warnings, there are far worse outcomes possible.

From the video you had several motor overspeed and problem warnings.
However you would do better to upload, to here, the DAT and txt flight logs for the flight.
For an Android device and using a windows PC the path to the logs is as shown in the attached

Attachments

• path to mini flight logs.png
    path to mini flight logs.png
    106.7 KB · Views: 37
If you want to know the reasons of the crash, you may follow the first post in this thread to get the .DAT and .TXT flight log files and post them here .

Last edited:
Once I had problem with MM1 that motors spinning too fast and land as soon as possible. I immediately return the drone to home. Googled it and found that this is due to props. Provided bag has some shape problem and normal to cause this to props. My props were unrecogniseable de shaped and after replacement it flew well... Warnings must be taken seriously...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000