DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini tilts during a windy flight

• Thread starter Deleted member 103366
  • Start date
You might like to have a look at Budwalker's post, #18 in Flight logs can someone check them
I have a number of csv's of .txt flightlogs which are the result of runnng TXTlogToCSVtoolMM en-masse via the command line and when looking at some of those csv's they seem to end at column JO (APP_MESS.message) whereas .txt csv's that result from running CsvView run to column KH (OSD.yawUnWrapped:C) with the titles of the additional columns all ending ":C".
That's because CsvView does some additional processing on the .csv created by TXTlogToCSVtool. Specifically, the IMUCalcs stuff and the sigStrength data.

...... I wonder if there is a description of all the signals available in CsvView? Some of the names are obvious, but some are a bit cryptic. Some appear to be raw data, while others are calculated from the raw data streams. It seems a C suffix indicates a calculate value rather than a directly measured value.
Take a look at
section 4 of the DatCon user manual
https://datfile.net/Doc/DatCon4.pdf

Also you might be interested in
V3 .CSV column descriptions

Men don't read manuals until we get kicks in the 'do da's or slaps in the face etc. It's in our DNA not to :eek::D

That said, good redirects/links etc

@WooZie Looks like PhiliusFoggg has beaten me to it. I've not tried to open the supplied DAT, but it looks like that becasue it's from a Mini2 CsvView is struggling to open it.

@BudWalker Was about to ask if there's a list of signals in CsvView, but in my slow typing I see you've posted a link? Thanks! I was looking in the wrong place, amongst the CsvView documentation.

Last edited:
Reactions: WooZie
A few weeks ago my MM got caught in a gust and it is the first time I have been in a position to see it 'being blown away' i.e. blown 'sideways' relative to the original line of sight. A thread in here prompted me to look at the flight's DAT.
I see a needle like spike in the tilt of slighlty over 49deg and am curious, could this be real?
It was quite windy, the stuff at the end is me carrying it.
Keep in mind that at a higher altitude wind gusts can be a lot stronger than at ground level and easily tilt a mini to 49 deg

Keep in mind that at a higher altitude wind gusts can be a lot stronger than at ground level and easily tilt a mini to 49 deg
Strong winds on their own don't normally cause a mini to tilt beyond the firmware programmed limit of 30deg. If the aircraft is tilting at 30deg and still cannot hold its location then a blow-away is what happens, rather than the tilt of the aircraft going beyond 30deg.

I was inspired by @WooZie to have another play about with the "pause" button (ie short press on the RTH button) and managed to get short spikes of high inclination. Seems the normal tilt limits are overridden to achieve a higher braking force. I managed to coax a peak of 54deg tilt by tapping the pause button while doing 13m/s. @PhiliusFoggg Just wondering if this is what you did unwittingly in post #1? Seems a bit unlikely but I've not found another way of getting this high a tilt in flight (other than crashing ?)

Attachments

• Tilt.png
    Tilt.png
    69.6 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: WooZie
Not sure, I will have a look, from memory I did have it RTH'ing at one point just to see what happened and to line it up correctly. That said can we adjust the severity of the the braking of the MM in the FLY app? I haven't looked to see it is one of the features lost when compared to Go'xyz'

I was inspired by @WooZie to have another play about with the "pause" button (ie short press on the RTH button) and managed to get short spikes of high inclination. Seems the normal tilt limits are overridden to achieve a higher braking force. I managed to coax a peak of 54deg tilt by tapping the pause button while doing 13m/s. @PhiliusFoggg Just wondering if this is what you did unwittingly in post #1? Seems a bit unlikely but I've not found another way of getting this high a tilt in flight (other than crashing ?)
funny, right? :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DvrkDrone