DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 4 Windy Testing Near Wind Turbines

atomicpuppies

Reactions
Recently I got the opportunity to fly in a beautiful area near some wind turbines. When we set out, it was all clear. Then It was crazy windy out of nowhere. Maybe because of the turbine location itself, lol! Naturally being windy, but it was a struggle for the mini 4 pro to stay steady on some shots.Beautiful skies, but deceiving wind! I got the hang of it, but it catches a gust and stays tilted. In the end staying low (under 200ft) was the best ride. I did not anticipate the winds kicking up as much as they did, so we safely returned to fly another day! Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_2083.jpeg
    IMG_2083.jpeg
    175.5 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_2084.jpeg
    IMG_2084.jpeg
    263.5 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_2085.jpeg
    IMG_2085.jpeg
    171 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_2086.jpeg
    IMG_2086.jpeg
    178.2 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_2066.jpeg
    IMG_2066.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 57
It's a gorgeous day! Engaging in activities you love in comfortable weather is truly a delightful treat, and I eagerly anticipate your next update or share.

Reactions: atomicpuppies
I always know its getting windy when the wind turbine situated approximately 600mts from my house is turned into its "feathering" position. This allows the blades to slowly rotate but not power the generator. Apparently this 72 kilowatt unit monitors the wind speed and takes the necessary action itself. However they can fail as about 9 months ago a slightly smaller unit situated approximately 3 kms away ran away with itself and the owner could not establish control. It eventually sheared the generating head from the top of the tower and destroyed the blades and the generator which on this model had the unit at the top of the tower. One of the blades sheared off completely landing approx 150 mts away from the tower It has now been rebuilt with smaller blades. Imagine the rep from the insurance company just having to stand and watch the claim growing!

Reactions: atomicpuppies
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne