DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Twilight Wet Suits - New Product !

Thread CLEANED and warnings issued!!

If you can't be NICE then refrain from posting. We take Being Nice very seriously . . .

Last edited:
i just received my MM and it seems that contrary to previous DJI designs this drone is almost waterproof as is, from the factory. it does not seem to be anything much exposed on the top of it and rear compartment door protects battery connector well. hmm. i will try it in the rain later this week, but, at a first glance, it does not seem to need much additional protection.

i just received my MM and it seems that contrary to previous DJI designs this drone is almost waterproof as is, from the factory. it does not seem to be anything much exposed on the top of it and rear compartment door protects battery connector well. hmm. i will try it in the rain later this week, but, at a first glance, it does not seem to need much additional protection.

We could not agree more , the design is so good that were thinking we could see a mavic 3 with a similar design.

The only downfall are the two sensors as i have mentioned because they cannot be turned off.

Water drops on wet leafs , debris , snow flakes over the sensor is going to be where this drone is vulnerable .
You also have no cover on the SD card slot or the Charging Port. Two more open areas that can compromise your drone so be careful.

The Mavic Mini Wet Suits were designed to enhance those areas that our vulnerable and do it in style ;)

Phantomrain.org
Coal

Last edited:
Reactions: c0int31pr0
Yes , all the surge masks our black on the bottom with protector ring and safe catch, the mask acts as a drip plate allowing for the water to drop without any cling or run off. The same mask was used on the Mavic 2 and phantom , to protect the sensors and provide run off .

The challenge was everything was smaller and had to be divided to different thicknesses across the drone so as to keep the weight to the bare min and allow it to still fold up.

one of the added features of having the Wet Suit is that nice secure grip you get from being able to squeeze the drone .

Were low on sun but will post more pics soon.

Surge mask mini.png

We did make a quick video for the Install with a few notes to follow , but its a pretty easy install.
Line it up with the logo as shown and fold into its proper place. There our two cut marks at the bottom
to help you get it centered. Neoprene is very forgiving and easy to work with unlike vinyl stickers that can rip and get air bubbles.

Screen Shot 2019-11-29 at 7.00.00 PM.png

Last edited:
Can someone explain what is it for? Maybe you can make better photos of this?

I posted a few more photos, im thinking you might be able to get some incredible shots of some lighting over your city where you have been taking your videos , pictures like that our amazing.,

Ligntning-strike-5cac00912ce5c-1381x763.jpg

If it doesn't keep you dry (I have used one many times on me!) then why call it a wet suit? Still not a good name in my opinion because a wet suit enable you to go into water!
A wetsuit will be filled with water when you enter water, then yout bodyheat will heat the water inside your wetsuit, you should wear a DRY suit if you want a waterproof suit...
Of course the diver is right on this one, sometimes its good to listen not yell...
Keep the drone flying and the music playing, then all good....

Guys if you want to discuss diving wetsuits start a thread in Off Topic and go at it but this thread isn’t about those so
lets get back on topic here.
Thanks.

I am an experienced drone pilot. I would recommend NOT flying in any visible moisture.n Yes, these look cool but I've never had the NEED to fly in visible moisture. Better safe than sorry.

You needed to tell me that 3 years ago and 5000 wet suits latter. lol
I do appreciate the compliments.

The Wet Suits are geared for those that make money with there drone and need to be able to fly in all weather conditions but I decided that Mavic Mini also needed some love , besides i cant fly ugly. ;)

I am an experienced drone pilot. I would recommend NOT flying in any visible moisture.n Yes, these look cool but I've never had the NEED to fly in visible moisture. Better safe than sorry.
Reasonable advice but some have a need to fly- what then? Any protection these solutions might provide will be welcome. No guarantee of perfect protection but must be better than nothing.

I agree when you say 'better safe than sorry.' But from a different perspective. That is why I have purchased the product... It its raining I will not fly...but if its not raining, and I fly but get caught in precipitation on the return trip...I will have a better chance of making it home without damage. I live on the west coast of Canada and the weather is very changeable … one of those places where folks say "Don't like the weather? wait five minutes... it will change."

Regards
Michael

How is the Mini ugly? Just curious, as this is a very subjective remark.

Hold that thought, we got some RAIN ! and with that some great pictures:
Will post a video also of the first run in a light freezing Rain.

I guess it depends on what you compare it to.

P1000204.JPG

P1000230.JPG

wet mini2.jpg

How does the camera stay dry and able to move freely?

How does the camera stay dry and able to move freely?

The camera has proven to be very water resistant, so no cover needed for that is also has the Protection above.
These type of camera have a very good seal on them so much they can go under water and still work.

Coal

Had a chance to fly in the Rain tonight !

Flew for 26 minutes in a light rain.
The problem is the gimbal does not have enough speed to it to shake off any drops that might fall on the lens when setting up.
Seeing that the lens is so small its critical to fly with the lens pointed down or rely on side wind to wipe lens clear of drop.

Have to fly with the lens down to prevents drops on the lens for future flights on the Mivi.

The Mavic 2 / phantom 4 can shake off any drops that might fall on the lens because both those drones series have a speed setting for the gimbal control which allow for easy shake off of snow, rain, debris.

It takes a really heavy pouring rain for the drops to show in the video footage, light rain is not really visible at all on footage.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mrveronn
The Wet Suit does remains completely functional : All the parts fit into place with no interference to the drone.
Thank you for your interest.

Screen Shot 2019-12-03 at 12.10.02 AM.png

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zacf