DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Twilight Wet Suits - New Product !

Did I understand correctly that it only adds 2g (0.07 ounces) to the weight, or was that a typo in the first post in the thread?

The Final Release was 3 grams and 4 if you do a color switch.
Pricey for sure, but I figure you pay a premium to support what seems to be a small business that takes initiative and actually innovates.

We have now have the Prop covers as there were quite a few reports of blocked motors and it will help with the rain / snow .
Talk soon.

Reactions: Mrveronn
The Final Release was 3 grams and 4 if you do a color switch.

We have now have the Prop covers as there were quite a few reports of blocked motors and it will help with the rain / snow .
Talk soon.
Still impressive, for the minor change in weight! Thumbswayup

As more Reports came in about blocked motors from debris it became evident that we needed to protect those motors as they our wide open for debris compared to the other DJI drones: Sand / Pebbles/ Pollen/ dirt / rain / Hail .

We flew the drone for 28 minutes and the increase in heat was minimal. 76 sitting to 80 which is minimal in regards to heat for those motors.
The benefits far outweigh the few extra degrees.

Props 7 debris.png

Reactions: netsonic
As more Reports came in about blocked motors from debris it became evident that we needed to protect those motors as they our wide open for debris compared to the other DJI drones: Sand / Pebbles/ Pollen/ dirt / rain / Hail .

We flew the drone for 28 minutes and the increase in heat was minimal. 76 sitting to 80 which is minimal in regards to heat for those motors.
The benefits far outweigh the few extra degrees.

View attachment 87283

"" Does this skin protect the weakest link in the drone: Exposed not covered motors, if the water gets there, the drone might get damaged. ""

So first I would recommend you go to the website we have called Phantomrain.org and
see first hand why the motors our not the weakest link, not even close.

So are they the weakest link or not, asking for a friend...

"" Does this skin protect the weakest link in the drone: Exposed not covered motors, if the water gets there, the drone might get damaged. ""

So first I would recommend you go to the website we have called Phantomrain.org and
see first hand why the motors our not the weakest link, not even close.

So are they the weakest link or not, asking for a friend...

Yes the Motors do seem to be the weak link, not do to the rain but debris in general.
So now the Prop Covers our part of the Mavic Mini Wet Suits

So whey you compare the Props of the Phantom and the Mavic 2 and Mavic Pro to the Mavic Mini you see where the design flaw is.

The mini has just to much open space for debris to get inside and block the motors.
This is a good reason to have the prop covers.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoenix_00002