DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini video issue

cyberlipe

Reactions
I’ve a Mavic mini with the latest firmware, and I’ve issue with video.
My videos won’t be longer than 15 seconds or so.
It stops automatically. Sometimes as 10s sometimes are 30s.

My original sd card was an old one and I got an error message of it being too slow.
The issue mentioned above happens with a new Sandisk extreme 128gb.

Any ideas what the issue could be ?

(I already tried to format on Mavic itself)

I been using this same sd card for years now,,first in the phantom,, now in the mini,,,what's the reading speed on your card,,try a couple to eliminate card at fault20220307_111538.jpg

Hi Roger/Ian,
Thanks for the responses…

Ian, my card looks exactly like yours, but with 128gb.

I will be able to test the card by tomorrow night and will report back.

Roger, you raised a great point.
While when I bought the card online it came on a proper packaging that looked legit, after some research it seems the retailer I bought it in has ton of fake SD cards.

Do any of you know, with practical experience, which kind of numbers I should be getting in the card so Mavic Mini would work properly?
(Also, I’m looking at write speed mainly, right?)

Hi Roger/Ian,
Thanks for the responses…

Ian, my card looks exactly like yours, but with 128gb.

I will be able to test the card by tomorrow night and will report back.

Roger, you raised a great point.
While when I bought the card online it came on a proper packaging that looked legit, after some research it seems the retailer I bought it in has ton of fake SD cards.

Do any of you know, with practical experience, which kind of numbers I should be getting in the card so Mavic Mini would work properly?
(Also, I’m looking at write speed mainly, right?)
A V30 card should have a guaranteed write speed of 30 MB/s, and I suspect that card should do much better than that, but the 2.7K video in the original Mini doesn't require anything near that rate. A card that can write 10 MB/s should work fine in a Mini -- mine do.

There are places online like wish.com that seem to have nothing but fake cards.

On edit: I looked and found that I actually have one of those SanDisk Extreme 128GB cards, and CrystalDIskMark is showing a sequential write speed of 85.55 MB/s and a read speed of 93.83 MB/s.

Last edited:
BLAST FROM THE PAST PICTURE,2017 I posted this on phantom pilots,,,after reading the price again I'm glad it still works,,,purchase from Noel Lemmings when I brought a phantom,,check out the price,,still nearly floors me lol,,,,yes overkill for the mini but works just fine,,edit,,just add I got no idea why this cost the price it did considering there are cheaper ones about at the time,,$$$ was no issue back then but still no idea today,,Screenshot_20220307-170154_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
YeAp. The website I bought it on (in Brazil) is like eBay on steroids, but it’s been known for its fakes.
I will run both tests tomorrow and report back.

Thanks!

Hi there.
So I’ve done some tests but not sure yet about the issue, yet.

on crystal disk, I'm getting around 16 MB/S of write and 17 MB/S of read.
I did a transfer test, and I got 16MB/S of write.(on mac os, with a reliable file transfer software)

the fakeflashtest fails and talks about duplicate or bad sectors.

so while I've not confirmed if it's fake or not, getting 16MB/S is not great if Roger is getting 85MB/s...

I have a couple of `aggravators` for this test.
1- I don't have any reliable microSD reader. the two adaptor's I have are old, and unsure if they can be a bottleneck. (I tried connecting Mavic MINI to the mac notebook over USB, but the speed is slower than the adapters). Also, on top of that, on one of them, I need a usb-c adapter
2- I don't have a windows machine. I had to use my mac and dualboot it to windows (I don't think this is the issue).

I could go out and buy an genuine micro SD card, and see if this is solved, but I would hate to do it, and then find out the issue is elsewhere.

any thoughts?

thanks
Felipe

Quick update.
Decided to test the card on a switch OLED.
The process of moving a 2GB game from system memory to micro sd AND BACK, failed and corrupted the file.

I’m now inclined to say it’s a fake card….But worked fine for Mavic mini pictures. (Which I would guess is really NOT demanding on the SD card.)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nkbran white