DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini won't take off

haims84

Reactions
Hello friends, i bought a new Mavic Mini Combo, but although everything looks connected and good, when i try to takeoff, nothing happens, and a "null : 255" error appears.

Love to get your help on how to resolved the problem.

Thank you.WhatsApp Image 2022-12-16 at 20.03.42.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Flakey Flier
@haims84 welcome to the forum i am wondering which model of Mavic mini you have ,and even indeed if it is a DJI model as the App screen looks different to the Fly App screen

Hi, thanks for replying. This is the drone model, please see pictures below.
I download dji fly app and tried to connect.
I tried the process with 3 different phones but it always end the same. BTW i notice now that i dont even see the camera from the drone.

pic2.jpg

Attachments

• pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 13
Download the DJI app for the computer and hook up the drone. Check that you have updated software. Then hook up the controller and update software. Then try to connect and calibrate the IMU and Compass. Also set the safety profiles and review the gimbal and camera settings. Many good YouTube videos on all of this to help you! Keep at it, amazing fun from this little guy!

Reactions: haims84
@haims84 ,that does indeed look like the original Mavic Mini maybe the screen looks different because you are on an android device ,have you downloaded the latest fly App directly from DJI ,its not available in the play store any more
also be aware that the side port that is used for charging and also connecting the RC to the device is very easily damaged if you dont make sure the connector is the correct way up when its inserted and this can cause connection errors and even prevent the RC from being charged

I found the solution friends. Thank you very much old man mavic. When you said the app looks very different, i went to DJI site and download the app from there.
For some reason in the andriod app store when i searched for DJI fly app, it gave me something entirely different.
The drone is working now ! :)

I found the solution friends. Thank you very much old man mavic. When you said the app looks very different, i went to DJI site and download the app from there.
For some reason in the andriod app store when i searched for DJI fly app, it gave me something entirely different.
The drone is working now ! :)
thats great news ,it had me confused for a bit there ,glad you are all sorted

it was actually connecting the remote to the drone, but i couldn't get it to actually fly the drone.
It was this one :
1671227620189.png

Cheers.
Just a point, the phone doesn't have anything to do with the controller and the drone connecting to one another. Plus it is possible to link a controller to a drone without a phone being connected to the controller.
Strictly speaking the drone and controller DO NOT even need a phone to fly the drone unless there is a warning etc. that needs acknowledging.......but.... range and or height might be severely limited without a phone and you obviously have no access to menus.

I downloaded the app from the dji website and it gave me the dji drone app. However the app from the playstore was the dji fly app. which one should I be using?

The one from the DJI website. The kosher FLY app is NO LONGER listed in Google's Playstore

Last edited:
So should I use the DJI Drone app from the DJI website or the DJI fly app from the play store on my galaxys s20 FE?
as in post #13. The one from the DJI website. The kosher FLY app is NO LONGER listed in Google's Playstore

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada