DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini X Mavic pro 1

Reactions
Hello guys!

Mavic Pro 1 is my only drone for the last 4 years. When I moved to Canada I learned that get a licence to fly drones over 250g is a quite hard task here (license is expensive, need to do 2 exams and it is attached with drone flight schools o_O).

That is why I am intending to sell my MP to get one MM.

My pro work perspective is in Real State, city sightseeing and Weddings. I never shot in 4k and it may not be a demand for me.

Please, Is MM a good drone for this? And my main question: Will it worth to sell my MP and get a MM? What are MM drawbacks?

thank you

Ummm, the test is not expensive and it’s not that hard. Look up Don Drones On on YouTube, he has a good prep course for about $10 I think, and the exam was $10. Drone registration is $5. So your in for $25. You can get all the drone info here Transport Canada Drone Safety. I really haven’t found our drone laws to be that restrictive. I have a Mini and an MP just because I wanted the smaller drone as well :)

Reactions: CareyL
He says he wants to do weddings. A Basic license doesn’t cover that. He needs the advanced which is quite complex and requires a flight review. I’m not sure how the Mini compares to the Pro1 but it is very capable and amazing for what it is.

You will have to do everything by hand as the MM has almost no automation besides some drone shots etc
If that is not big of a deal , you should be ok with it

I fly my mini in auto mode locked on 0.0 or -0.3 exposure almost exclusively. The footage is amazing and camera shots are great too. I don't do cinematic videos or have any great artistic bent. I just want video and images that capture the story. 2.7 k is just fine by me. If I want to jazz up a photo the AI presets in Luminar 4 do a good job. Should I get an artisic urge or have a shot requiring more control and better ability to post process I can dig out the Mavic Pro Platnum. Wind is the main weakness of a mini and another reason I also have the Pro. Every once in awhile I want to get some pictures on a day where winds are above 5-10. The Pro deals with that much better. I guess distance is anther factor one might consider. Both will easily make any reasonable interpretation of VLOS though. I think the mini is a bit stealthier if you are flying over residential areas or anywhere you are authorized to fly but the folks on the ground might be concerned if you attracted their attention.

Reactions: sarniac
Hello guys!

Mavic Pro 1 is my only drone for the last 4 years. When I moved to Canada I learned that get a licence to fly drones over 250g is a quite hard task here (license is expensive, need to do 2 exams and it is attached with drone flight schools o_O).

That is why I am intending to sell my MP to get one MM.

My pro work perspective is in Real State, city sightseeing and Weddings. I never shot in 4k and it may not be a demand for me.

Please, Is MM a good drone for this? And my main question: Will it worth to sell my MP and get a MM? What are MM drawbacks?

thank you
I had both a mini and Pro 1. I also have a basic license and have been studying for the advanced certification. I sold the mini. It does not have forward sensors and more importantly will be blown away in light winds.

The Basic RPAS exam took me under 45 minutes, out of the 90 allowed, to achieve over 65% of 35 questions. It is open book and two full size computer monitors are an asset. I did no studying beforehand but had 5 years familiarity with drones. Done Drones On, Don Joyce has a great set of study guide videos for free. He also has other modestly priced apps and guides.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming