DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini comparisons

old man mavic

Premium Pilot
Reactions
hi fellow flyers ,i got to fly the Mini 3 pro at a spot where i had previously flown my Original MM in 2020 and decided to compare the resulting pics
i remember well the quite rocky reception the original Mavic Mini got ,when it first came out
mainly to do with its flying abilities and very lightweight design
many of those issues were dealt with in the release of the Mini 2
but having looked at the comparison pics from both the MM and the Mini 3 pro i think that the original MM holds its ground well first two are MM beacons 20-07-2020 (5).JPGbeacons 20-07-2020 (7).JPGout and about  03-09-2023 (3).JPGout and about  03-09-2023 (5).JPG

Reactions: lensimages
people can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm assuming that drone technology has advanced at a much faster rate than camera technology. Meaning that the cameras on 3-5 year old drones are probably pretty close to the level and quality of a camera on a similar class of new drone

but the drones are quite a bit better, or at least a lot more advanced

@moldorf i totally agree ,it was the camera capabilities ,that i was highlighting in my OP,
it would seem to me, from the number of people,that always go on ,and on, about the cameras on these drones ,nit picking about this and that
that it seems the cameras performance, is more important, than the drones abilities ,to get the camera to a location, to get the shot in the first place,
this is my personal opinion, and not meant to undermine those ,who think that the cameras performance is uppermost ,in the reason for purchasing a drone

I second your thoughts. As you can see with my previous post, I still use a P34K quite successfully. Can intercut its footage with Nikon810 for professional commercial use.

Making good films and videos is much more dependent on your eye and it’s compositional and organizational skills than the camera used.

30 commercial films completed, 131 personal films.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart