DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Yaw Issue Is A Deal Breaker For Me!!

Maybe about time to close this thread? I think it is well established that:
  • The MM has a small lag between stick and aircraft movement when yawing. Some find this perfectly acceptable, while others don't.
  • Other DJI drones don't exhibit nearly as much lag on yaw movements.
  • The yaw lag on the MM can be reduced significantly by altering the "...gimbal_follow..." parameter(s). THis can be done with a 3rd party parameter editing app such as is available from drone-hacks.com. This selects between the gimbal pan moving in advance of the aircraft pan (hence the lag in aircraft movement) or the gimbal trailing after the aircraft pan movement.

Last edited:
Maybe about time to close this thread? I think it is well established that:
  • The MM has a small lag between stick and aircraft movement when yawing. Some find this perfectly acceptable, while others don't.
  • Other DJI drones don't exhibit nearly as much lag on yaw movements.
  • The yaw lag on the MM can be reduced significantly by altering the "...gimbal_follow..." parameter(s). THis can be done with a 3rd party parameter editing app such as is available from drone-hacks.com. This selects between the gimbal pan moving in advance of the aircraft pan (hence the lag in aircraft movement) or the gimbal trailing after the aircraft pan movement.
Well said, and I agree...

Reactions: scro
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronesforlife