DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Yaw Issue Is A Deal Breaker For Me!!

Hey just updating you all with the solution to this. Changing the parameter “follow_gimbal_yaw_sport” to 0 completely fixes the yaw in sport mode which is a good compromise for most people who always fly it in sport mode anyways.

Hey just updating you all with the solution to this. Changing the parameter “follow_gimbal_yaw_sport” to 0 completely fixes the yaw in sport mode which is a good compromise for most people who always fly it in sport mode anyways.

I'm new to the Fly app where is this setting? Thanks

EDIT I see this is a DJI Assistant setting.

Last edited:
The way the OP was flicking the sticks around so harshly, no wonder it moved slightly.
Try being gentle, and smooth.
You should sign up for an hour lesson in a real helicopter, it would teach you how to carress the stick.

Last edited:
The way the OP was flicking the sticks around so harshly, no wonder it moved slightly.
Try be gentle, and smooth.
You should sign up for an hour lesson in a real helicopter, it would teach you how to carress the stick.

The OP was showing that the Mavic Mini does not stop like other DJI drone's when the stick is centered. No one fly's like in his video....come on!

Reactions: mrreddog and m80116
Try being gentle, and smooth.

You missed the point of the video. This was the best way to show the contrast between the two.

This is the first I've heard of being able to modify firmware parameters on the MM. What software are you using, and are there any other parameters that can be changed?

I've just been looking at the drone-hacks site too and it sounds interesting! It's the first I've heard of it and don't see a lot of mention of it elsewhere, so perhaps it is relatively new? perhaps start a new topic?

Reactions: BokiFly
This is the first I've heard of being able to modify firmware parameters on the MM. What software are you using, and are there any other parameters that can be changed?

Disable yaw smoothing (the point of this thread), you can change yaw speed for all three modes, change tilt (directional speed), disable battery warnings and allow non dji batteries, enable ATTI mode, enable manual mode.

Disable yaw smoothing (the point of this thread), you can change yaw speed for all three modes, change tilt (directional speed), disable battery warnings and allow non dji batteries, enable ATTI mode, enable manual mode.
An the software you use for this? Drone-hacks.com?

So this works for sport mode only?? No change in regular P mode??

just had a play with drone-hacks and the OP's complaint with the overshooting yaw movements can be fixed in P and S modes semi independently via 2 yaw variables.

just had a play with drone-hacks and the OP's complaint with the overshooting yaw movements can be fixed in P and S modes semi independently via 2 yaw variables.

Which variables are you changing and what settings are you using?

Thanks.

I don't recall the exact names but one of them was called follow_gimbal_yaw_sport(ref post #141) and the other was something similar with follow_gimbal..xxx. Using the advanced parameter search feature I searched for "yaw". Both parameters are either 0 or 1 (off or on). Setting the sport one to 0 just affects sport mode, whereas the other one affects all modes.

I don't recall the exact names but one of them was called follow_gimbal_yaw_sport(ref post #141) and the other was something similar with follow_gimbal..xxx. Using the advanced parameter search feature I searched for "yaw". Both parameters are either 0 or 1 (off or on). Setting the sport one to 0 just affects sport mode, whereas the other one affects all modes.

Thanks. I looked at those variables and follow_gimbal_yaw_sport was set to 1, but follow_gimball_yaw_with_offset_en was set to 0. Instead of changing either one of these, I changed g_config.misc_config.follow_gimball_yaw_en from 1 to 0. The MM now acts exactly as expected in all modes and as the OP wanted it to respond. Thanks for your help.

Response time prior to change:

1593789731107.png

Response time after change:
1593789791223.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Seixas and scro
Thanks. I looked at those variables and follow_gimbal_yaw_sport was set to 1, but follow_gimball_yaw_with_offset_en was set to 0. Instead of changing either one of these, I changed g_config.misc_config.follow_gimball_yaw_en from 1 to 0. The MM now acts exactly as expected in all modes and as the OP wanted it to respond. Thanks for your help.

Response time prior to change:

View attachment 106702

Response time after change:
View attachment 106703
Hi! I bought a mini mavic last week. I did the firmware update and I am also facing this same problem.
I followed your directions, but I can't save the parameter change on drones. I make the change and save. But when I disconnect and reconnect the aircraft, the parameter returns to the previous one. I tried the current firmware and the version recommended by the drones and the same thing happens. I can't change the parameter. Do you know what may be happening?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vlad_Zherikhov