DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Yaw Issue Is A Deal Breaker For Me!!

Hi! I bought a mini mavic last week. I did the firmware update and I am also facing this same problem.
I followed your directions, but I can't save the parameter change on drones. I make the change and save. But when I disconnect and reconnect the aircraft, the parameter returns to the previous one. I tried the current firmware and the version recommended by the drones and the same thing happens. I can't change the parameter. Do you know what may be happening?

If you are sure you are saving the new settings, the only thing that I can suggest is to be sure to turn the drone on first, then the controller, then connect the phone and open the app. Although I haven't tried it, I read somewhere on the drone-hacks website that turning on the controller before turning on the drone can erase the settings.

I'm using firmware 01.00.0500 with no problems.

Estou usando firmware .0400 porque ele disponibiliza mais opções de mudar parâmetros. Mas, mesmo assim firmware .0500 deixa vc mexer com parametros tb. Sera que esta clicando no botao "write parameters to drone" pra salvar? O processo de salvar no drone demora uns 10seg e uma barra de progresso aparece. Aconteceu isso com vc?

I may revisit Mavic Mini if this is confirmed to work like previous DJI Drones & the lag has been removed with perimeter changes...

I may revisit Mavic Mini if this is confirmed to work like previous DJI Drones & the lag has been removed with perimeter changes...
Changing the 2 gimbal_follow parameters previously mentioned made the yaw crisp and precise for me. Much the same as the Spark, which is the only other dji drone I've flown. If the laggy yaw movement put you off before I recommend trying this tweak. You can change just sports mode, or all 3 modes.

Reactions: Advocate
If you are sure you are saving the new settings, the only thing that I can suggest is to be sure to turn the drone on first, then the controller, then connect the phone and open the app. Although I haven't tried it, I read somewhere on the drone-hacks website that turning on the controller before turning on the drone can erase the settings.

I'm using firmware 01.00.0500 with no problems.
Before even trying to use the drone, I realize that the parameter goes back to the original. I just have to turn the drone off and on again.
Are you using the free or paid version of dronehacks?

Estou usando firmware .0400 porque ele disponibiliza mais opções de mudar parâmetros. Mas, mesmo assim firmware .0500 deixa vc mexer com parametros tb. Sera que esta clicando no botao "write parameters to drone" pra salvar? O processo de salvar no drone demora uns 10seg e uma barra de progresso aparece. Aconteceu isso com vc?
I didn't click on that button and that progress bar didn't appear. I'll go through the process again and see if I can do it now. Thank you!

Reactions: scro
It really was that! Thank you!
The drone just got a lot better now! Caught in the yaw of the rudder.
I don't understand how some users who posted here didn't feel and complained about this change. I realized it on the first flight and I was very frustrated. It certainly has nothing to do with skill in piloting, as suggested here. I have piloted model aircraft and drones for a long time (including helicopters) and I know that the rudder lock is very important for the curves to be perfect in flight. I believe that DJI has set the original parameter to avoid sudden movements of the camera thinking about the filming. But for those who like to drive and make circuits it makes a LOT of DIFFERENCE. Both looking at the drone and in FPV.
Thank you all and it is a pleasure to be part of this group.

I’m trying to understand when you’d ever pan and stop the mini that quickly whilst actually recording a video? Would you really ever instantly apply full stick and let it snap back to centre? When I turn at the sort of speed I’d realistically use (even when following a moving object), the amount of lag is negligible and certainly isn’t obvious when subsequently watching the recorded video.

I can't comment bout other drones as I'm. New to. Drones altogether but tht sed I'm not daft and the mavic mini to. Me is wot it is for the price, the fact u dnt have an instant stop wen letting go of the stick dnt, for me, justify wot ya saying bout it being a deal breaker, wen I bought the MM I definalty wasn't expecting a pro, and from wot videos I've done I've no complaints at all, if ya in cinematic mode it wouldn't make a difference, as it slows everything down anyway. Anyway tht sed I'm not experienced enuff to no the yaw of this and the yaw of tht? but it certainly dnt bother me, and if u have had only one other person complaining bout the same thing it seems it dnt bother anyone else either.

What language is this ?
It's Portuguese. Here is the Google translation:

I'm using .0400 firmware because it provides more options for changing parameters. But, even so .0500 firmware lets you mess with tb parameters. Are you clicking on the "write parameters to drone" button to save? The process of saving to the drone takes about 10 seconds and a progress bar appears. Did this happen to you?

What language is this ?
The post I was responding to was in Portuguese, so I replied in the same language. I see now that post (#160) has been edited/deleted and translated into English. Google translate did a pretty good job of my post too, correctly picking up most abbreviations and slang!

Mavic Mini Yaw Issue Is A Deal Breaker For Me!! Anyone else??? This is my 2nd brand new Mavic Mini and its headed back to the store like the 1st for a return due to laggy Yaw, with no braking upon letting off stick.
All other DJI drones Brake when letting off Yaw Control, or "Steering Control", Not Mavic Mini?? DJI cheaped out.
It does NOT feel like all other DJI Drones like many youtubers reported??
Here are 2 quick video's I made to show what Im talking about comparing to a Spark. I started a Post about it, with very little response, So I bought a 2nd unit just to be sure I didn't have a dud, then made these 2 vids for othrs wondering the same thing...
Mavic Mini
DJI Spark
Hi there. If ever you want to sell your MM, put me in your list. Thanks

The post I was responding to was in Portuguese, so I replied in the same language. I see now that post (#160) has been edited/deleted and translated into English. Google translate did a pretty good job of my post too, correctly picking up most abbreviations and slang!

pretty sure KiloMeater was referring to post #170

All previous DJI Drones have the same, responsive yaw action till the Mini. NO, I do not fly it with fast, jerky movements. The full stick snap yaw movements in the video are done only to highlight the issue with the over exaggerated stick commands. I own and fly most of the previous DJI Drones and they all feel similar in the yaw movements until Mini. I am in no way knocking the Mini, but when your muscle memory is so used to a certain feel, then its changed, you really notice the change. Its a great drone, just not for me. But since parameter changes reported above bring it back to what I'm accustomed to flying, I will eventually give it another try. Its just the same as newer cars that have adjustable steering modes, Once you get used to the setting you like and then your wife drives the car & changes it, you instantly feel the difference. The videos just show the problem at a worst case scenario..

The videos just show the problem at a worst case scenario..

But using your car analogy, it’s like dropping the clutch at low revs and complaining that the engine stalls. It may happen, but it’s not something that you’d ever experience or notice in normal use. At the maximum speed I’d use when panning in a video, there’s no noticeable lag.

Evan at slow, cinematic panning movements it still different than all previous DJI Drones. Laggy & overshoots yaw target, especially shooting a moving target. I mostly fly Mavic 1's & 2's now, almost daily, And Mini"s yaw is not precisely controllable using same flying technique used on the former drones. But it sounds like perimeter changes fix the issue? If you flew nothing but the Mini then got real good at precise control, then flew a Mavic, you would feel the difference.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom