DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic only goes up then back down- what happened?

SteveNunez

Reactions
Hey guys, so the strangest thing happened today with my Mavic. I've got around 50 perfect flights with my Mavic so I'm not new to it and the way it works but it did something totally strange today and it is still doing this; when I start to takeoff, it automatically goes up and won't stop ascending until I rapidly hit the descend stick of which it then just automatically lands- has anyone experienced this before?
It has the latest firmware and no crashes or issues ever, normally I just start it in GPS mode and fly off as I've always done- but as of now it won't allow me to do this- any thoughts?

I should state I purchased a CF protection plate that fits perfectly and doesn't seem to be interfering with the sensors but I can't totally rule it out and wanted to seek the advice of the forum before I go and remove and retest. This is the protection plate I purchased- anyone have issues with it?
Carbon Fiber Landing Skid Gimbal Bottom Guard Plate Protector for DJI Mavic Pro | eBay

That'll happen if you have the Landing Protection setting enabled and something is blocking the bottom sensors. To resolve that issue, you'll either need to disable Landing Protection (see below) or remove that bottom guard plate.

DJI-GO-Landing-Protection.jpg

Reactions: maviclova
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7