DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pics SUCK.. All Blurry

come on, show me your pictures! quiet often, the right side goes down, what is the reason?

Photography is not one of my many hobbies, so I am very satisfied with mavics picture quality. Most of the time I leave camera in full auto , except white balance.
My 11 year old son is doing a banked turn in the pic with the Bebop( good timing hey) screen_72ec03e5a247b875_1491606603000.jpg screen_912c2dff66ebcbeb_1491606028000.jpg org_49c259f1fe700ed0_1493684473000.jpg org_ccdd7aacdf532c80_1493334073000.jpg

I feel like mine are kind of boring and not particularly well exposed either. Video looks great on mine. But the photos...not so much. If you zoom in on these you can see they are very painterly , and not sharp or clear.

HEZ6ed5.jpg

wdANAUb.jpg

Reactions: MikhailCompo
Heres my WONDERFUL PHOTOS

Attachments

• DJI_0930.JPG
    DJI_0930.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 260
  • DJI_0931.JPG
    DJI_0931.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 247
Silly question, but have you removed the film off the lens after taken Mavic outta box?
If so then your camera may be one that needs to go back to DJI for replacement.

I have same problem.. every photo I take with my Mavic are blurry... but Video is Ok... I reset my camera several times... ¿what do you think is bad software or hardware?

Seems, like a lot of mavics have this horizon tilt problem (3, 7, 9, 14, 18)... like mine from time to time :-(.

is this a feature or should (could) this be repaired?

It's a non issue @ least to me, unless it's really bad!!!!
I'd say, keep on flying and capturing vids and fix it on post.

Reactions: jdcntulsa
I have same problem.. every photo I take with my Mavic are blurry... but Video is Ok... I reset my camera several times... ¿what do you think is bad software or hardware?

Question are you shooting in RAW or Jpeg?

Reason being I was suffering with the same issue. On screen the video is sharp, but the photos appear out of focus. I contacted DJI and they instructed me to format the SD card, reset the camera through the app and do a gimbal calibration. I've also heard the focus can be fixed if you do an IMU calibration so give that a try as well.

However, I've noticed when I shoot in RAW no matter how I focus it, on the screen (ipad mini 4 and iPhone 7) the picture is not crisp. Also, when I pull the DNG files off the sd card, and the pc previews the files, the pictures appear to be out of focus. However, once I convert the DNG files and import them into the processing software (I use Lightroom), the pictures are in focus.

So while I thought I had blurry photos they were in focus after the DNG file was converted and processed. This threw me off because the DNG files from my Nikon D810 are in focus when the pc previews the file.

So I'm suspecting its a software problem or transmission problem with photos. When I'm in the app, and I switch the camera from movie mode to photo, the image goes out of focus on the screen. In movie mode, its very sharp, but when switched to photos, the image on the screen goes soft. Needless to say this sucks because it would be nice to know you have a focused shot while your in the field as opposed to taking a blurry shot, and then have it in focus after post process.

Now I've noticed, if I switch to jpeg only, this issue goes away (but your stuck with a jpeg file). So I hope DJI fixes this.

My pictures Sucks! !!!
Terribly blurred!!!

1496087246275.jpg

1496087254621.jpg

Both photos have been downloaded directly from the mavic's memory

Last edited:
Seems, like a lot of mavics have this horizon tilt problem (3, 7, 9, 14, 18)... like mine from time to time :-(.

is this a feature or should (could) this be repaired?

Adjust the tilt in the app so its level

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka