DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pics SUCK.. All Blurry

So now every photo I take with my Mavic are blurry! I touch the screen to focus and take the shot BLURRY! Took around 40 photos today and every one is blurry! This touch to focus is crap! Boy am I missing my P3P , prob sell this hunk of crap and look for another P3P .. Good luck you Mavic Pilots!

I'll give you $500 for it.

I have been very happy with image quality

Attachments

• bw nighttime pier.jpg
    bw nighttime pier.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 92
  • DJI_0005.JPG
    DJI_0005.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 92
  • DJI_0006.jpg
    DJI_0006.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 98
  • DJI_0010.JPG
    DJI_0010.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 100
  • Hollywood sign.JPG
    Hollywood sign.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 92
So now every photo I take with my Mavic are blurry! I touch the screen to focus and take the shot BLURRY! Took around 40 photos today and every one is blurry! This touch to focus is crap! Boy am I missing my P3P , prob sell this hunk of crap and look for another P3P .. Good luck you Mavic Pilots!

Could you have neglected to remove the gimbal lock?

Not any issues atleast before Friday update. I have not shot stills since.
not sure how to attach photos to this thread.

IMG_3465.JPG IMG_3461.JPG If you guys aren't using the RAW file format to capture your best images you're definitely missing out. The Mavic's compression on JPEGs is pretty bad but all the detail is there for the taking, it just needs to be picked up.

As for the OP's issue, it transcends any kind of compression problems for sure. It could be that the gimbal is vibrating. With sharpness setting at +1 or higher, try shooting something at max shutter speed (e.g. 1/4000 ?). If it's movement related that should yield a fairly clear image, albeit the quality may be bad- grainy or underexposed. Just check for sharpness.

If still blurry, probably a focus issue. Try turning on the Mavic with a subject far away in view. I've had problems before focusing (even using tap to focus and manually focusing) when the Mavic initiated with a subject very close in front. If this is the issue, when you tap to focus the image may get clear for a moment then go back to being blurry.

But most likely, I'm guessing it's another issue, hardware related. Good luck.

I had that same problem ......not to say it you ...but it sure was me messing with Cam not Knowing how to use it.......new to the Mavic Pro ...hang in there

Do they look like this? This was shot on auto round 8pm DST location is Dundas Sydney looking west over ParramattaDJI_0002.JPG

Mine are coming out just great

fc1021c863586cb65cc81e7a2db907b7.jpg

View attachment 14203 View attachment 14204 If you guys aren't using the RAW file format to capture your best images you're definitely missing out. The Mavic's compression on JPEGs is pretty bad but all the detail is there for the taking, it just needs to be picked up.

As for the OP's issue, it transcends any kind of compression problems for sure. It could be that the gimbal is vibrating. With sharpness setting at +1 or higher, try shooting something at max shutter speed (e.g. 1/4000 ?). If it's movement related that should yield a fairly clear image, albeit the quality may be bad- grainy or underexposed. Just check for sharpness.

If still blurry, probably a focus issue. Try turning on the Mavic with a subject far away in view. I've had problems before focusing (even using tap to focus and manually focusing) when the Mavic initiated with a subject very close in front. If this is the issue, when you tap to focus the image may get clear for a moment then go back to being blurry.

But most likely, I'm guessing it's another issue, hardware related. Good luck.

Agreed, RAW makes a huge difference with the Mavic, both in terms of compression artifacts and dynamic range. It's definitely worth using for anything other than the most evenly lit shots without fine detail.

I had a problem with my Mavic after an update and all photos were blurry and unfocused. It would focus directly in front of lens. I sent it back and was replaced under warranty. It was coincidental that I had just updated, but just after the update the gimbal on start up had a fit and wouldn't stop moving. But my new one is perfect so far.

at times i did have that kind of glitch, just restart everything and i think it will be fine otherwise, it's a hardware issue then

Heres my WONDERFUL PHOTOS
Sky shots like this are always iffy. Unless clouds have really sharp definition (rare) the camera will not focus. Tilt the gimbal down -10 degrees and shoot something that is on the ground with sharp definition. Try and press the screen and hold for a couple of seconds (Litchi) and you should have an infinity focus. I have encountered issues if you allow focus to set on startup, then it may focus on something close. The camera will not focus properly once up in the air. It seems to lock into a close setting, and nothing will correct it until you fully reboot. Screen tap temporarily focusses then it de-focusses right away. If that fails then it could be software/hardware issue.

I've found focusing at night is fairly difficult. Hard time getting long exposure nighttime shots to be not blurry and in focus. Also noticed the "lock gimbal while capture" setting doesn't seem to work....you can move the gimbal around during a long exposure shot causing blurring.

Reactions: Slayerstwin
My first mavic had no focus issues. My current mavic (also mavic1) occasionally will not focus and produces blurred images. Just like the ones posted by op.
Happened about 4 times on 26 flights. Powering off and on again has sorted it, also changing from NTSC to pal, which resets camera, has sometimes sorted it. So seems to be a firmware bug, as quite capable of great photos, so cannot be hardware only.

Try camera reset, try redo the firmware, else return it for warranty.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143