DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pilot Available for Orientation/Training?

Getting Dad High

Reactions
Mom, brother, and I went in on a Mavic Platinum and DJI Goggles for dad's 79th birthday. We've been waiting to see if they will start offering the Enjoy training, but unless anyone has some inside info, I'm ready for dad to start flying.

He was an electrical engineer with Boeing for 50 years. Attached is a photo of him when he traveled the country setting up Boeing tech at Air Force bases.

Wondering if anyone who is familiar with the Mavic and preferably also the Goggles could be a patient teacher would be willing to do a little freelance instruction, just getting dad set up and going for an hour or two? If so, either respond here or send me a private message with your Mavic/Goggles familiarity and what would be fair for your time. Dad lives near Green Lake, and the Mavic Platinum Fly More package can theoretically be here this week via Amazon.

Hopefully dad will be adding to the Seattle Mavic community soon - thanks!

Attachments

• Boeing Newspaper - scan of dad closeup.jpg
    Boeing Newspaper - scan of dad closeup.jpg
    290.8 KB · Views: 39
Reactions: newguy
Mom, brother, and I went in on a Mavic Platinum and DJI Goggles for dad's 79th birthday. We've been waiting to see if they will start offering the Enjoy training, but unless anyone has some inside info, I'm ready for dad to start flying.

He was an electrical engineer with Boeing for 50 years. Attached is a photo of him when he traveled the country setting up Boeing tech at Air Force bases.

Wondering if anyone who is familiar with the Mavic and preferably also the Goggles could be a patient teacher would be willing to do a little freelance instruction, just getting dad set up and going for an hour or two? If so, either respond here or send me a private message with your Mavic/Goggles familiarity and what would be fair for your time. Dad lives near Green Lake, and the Mavic Platinum Fly More package can theoretically be here this week via Amazon.

Hopefully dad will be adding to the Seattle Mavic community soon - thanks!
Howdy from Wyoming Getting Dad High, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here. You are a darn good daughter/son and I am sure someone around here will be able to help you out soon. Best of luck.

Reactions: Getting Dad High
Anyone out there that can assist?

I would be happy to help ....but Seattle is a long way from Waterloo IL. Good luck in your search.

I have a Mavic and drive by Green Lake to work. I have no goggles but would be able to help with the Mavic.

I suggest he watch this beginner video:

I watched a lot of crash videos while waiting for my Mavic. I was pretty aware of the most common mistakes people make by the time I was able to fly.

Reactions: Pipes101
Just pulled the trigger on the Fly More Combo, arriving Nov 24-29!

Dad is going to have a great time!

Thanks Bunny Too & especially Mossiback! That is really wonderful of you to offer to get dad up to speed. What time are you going by Green Lake? If you still are open to being a tutor, please drop me a direct message and we can see if this might work out.
I will pass along the video.

I contacted Enjoy who does the delivery/trainings, and they offer their service directly for $99/hr. Does anyone have input on how knowledgeable or helpful the Enjoy trainers are?

If anyone else has experience with the Goggles that would want to check out a Platinum while earning duckets and karma, let me know!

Tom

...Thanks Bunny Too & especially Mossiback! That is really wonderful of you to offer to get dad up to speed. What time are you going by Green Lake? If you still are open to being a tutor, please drop me a direct message and we can see if this might work out...

Tom
I am glad to help pass along what has worked for me. I will send you a message to meet up.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsplum