DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Platinum props compatible with 1st gen mavic??

Ridermarra

Reactions
This is an interesting thing i would like to know. Maybe most of the enhancements they speak of comes from the props shape.

Reactions: dewster
It says they're compatible on their site. it also says there's a noise reduction upon take off and landing (that's the important bit for the general claim) but not as much as the mavic platinum.

It's probably hardly noticeable. Who cares, I like noise.

It says they're compatible on their site. it also says there's a noise reduction upon take off and landing (that's the important bit for the general claim) but not as much as the mavic platinum.

It's probably hardly noticeable. Who cares, I like noise.

I kind of dig the sound of the Mavic dropping in from a high speed descent also...

Reactions: HSK
The site says it is a 4dB decrease in noise and from the graph it appears it is at higher frequencies which probably can be read as higher RPMs. 4dB difference in the 50-60dB range is not going to be all that noticeable.

You can't hear my bird at 400 ft. It is a bit noisy on fast descents. I'd buy the new props. I haven't even touched my extra Fly More package props.

7a1f4ec1a7ccde131172eb5c977b288e.png
I want them

The 8331 propellers have a brand new aerodynamic design giving the Mavic Pro series an impressive noise control performance. When used with the Mavic Pro Platinum, up to 4dB (60%) of aircraft noise is lowered during takeoff and landing, and flight time is extended to 30 minutes. Noise reduction and flight time are also enhanced when used with the Mavic Pro, but not as much.

The 8331 propellers have a brand new aerodynamic design giving the Mavic Pro series an impressive noise control performance. When used with the Mavic Pro Platinum, up to 4dB (60%) of aircraft noise is lowered during takeoff and landing, and flight time is extended to 30 minutes. Noise reduction and flight time are also enhanced when used with the Mavic Pro, but not as much.
For those who are curious, this is copied and pasted directly off DJI's website.

Reactions: HSK
If anyone is interested in purchasing the Mavic platinum props, they are available here in the DJI Store.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones