DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro 1 vs 2 - "Lost" features?

What that does mean for me is from pretty much all locations i can (i) no longer trust RTH to make a safe landing and (ii) worst case scenario of a broken controller or unable to connect to the drone theres a fair chance it'll fly to just about home then crash into something while trying to land.

They may as well remove RTH.

*ALL* the previous generation drones had it, even the little spark.

Also, whats the point of the down facing LED light if it isnt to help the thing land accurately?

It is indeed strange that DJI would add a landing light and remove the precision landing feature that needs it.

Reactions: Capra Vecinului
Interesting! From where have you taken those screenshots? When was this video being made public? Thx
This image can be found on DJI's website HERE
The video showing it is on DJI's Site HERE toward the beginning of the "Mavic 2 Series Point of Interest 2.0 Tutorial"

Follow me uses the GPS fed into the RC to follow. It follows a lat/long.

Active track follows an object without caring about lat/long

I'm reading this thread and this thing doesn't sound done. DJI decided since the hardware was done get it out there and worry about the software later. DJI has great hardware but always seems to be lacking in this software end of things.

Given the launch delay its even more surprising. You'd have thought it was ready to go by July, they had an extra month. Maybe the engineers had a holiday booked?

I mean its usable now, no question it'll do a job BUT it is missing some useful features. New ones like waypoints 2.0 fair enough, that might need to wait but not having existing, proven features like course lock, other intelligent modes, precision landing ALL of which are already coded and implemented seems odd.

Meh, cutting edge consumer technology typically releases before it's 100% "done". The price you pay for being an early adopter. My 4k HDR smart TV wasn't HDR or "smart" when I bought it, they came in software updates a few weeks later. Follow me does sound pretty cool though, hopefully they add that back later.

No point removing it but I also no point using RTH and precision landing when you can do a manual landing.

No point removing it but I also no point using RTH and precision landing when you can do a manual landing.

Other than it works well and saves time. And if the RC breaks/battery runs out/software lockup means you cant communicate with the drone. Old mavic would land safely where it took off. New mavic will fly to and hit anything in a 5m radius before landing in that situation.

Reactions: LongRifle
They also took away the number of days for your battery to discharge. Do we have to do it manually now to risk not damaging the batteries?

They also took away the number of days for your battery to discharge. Do we have to do it manually now to risk not damaging the batteries?

Or worse, does it do it automatically on a fixed time period we have no control over.

Another lost feature appears to be no way to customise the discharge time of the batteries. Its a discharge after 10 days and cant be configured.

Last edited:
  • No Cinema 4K (4096×2160), only UHD 4K (3840×2160) - probably permanent
  • No LUT for log profile - should be coming soon

Reactions: Callum
how so ?

i read on the manual yesterday that it was 10 days...

Precision landing is by default now is it not. You do not need to select it. Some of you guys need to wait a bit before announcing failure or disappointment. Likely that any modes missing like gestures would be down to lack of use. DJI will have data on all mavic 1 and Platinum models

Should have mine soon so will report back

Last edited:
Will those things be coming?
Who if not DJI can say
I think most features will come
Course Lock will come fore sure
Home Lock is not really needed but easy to implement
I am not sure about the gesture modes but honestly who really needs that

Time will tell

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics