DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro 1 vs 2 - "Lost" features?

gnirtS

Reactions
Im just trying to make a list of things that were on the Mavic 1 but seem to be missing (so far) on the initial Mavic 2 release.

So far i think its:-

• No portrait mode. This is permanent and cant be fixed due to hardware limitations so workarounds needed
  • No precision Landing - I guess a firmware update to add this as all the sensors and more are there. Although, im not sure if it does it "by default" now or not
  • No D-Cinelike/Colour profiles - I guess a firmware update could add these
  • No Cinema 4k - Maybe firmware fix?
  • No fixed wing mode - Not a big issue for most i don't think
  • Loads of intelligent modes missing:-
    • Any Gesture Mode
    • Course Lock
    • Terrain Following
    • Home Lock
    • Follow Me
    • Waypoints
  • No direct control from mobile device
  • No customisable battery discharge profile. Its fixed on 10 days and cant be changed
  • SRT location data missing from video ( Mavic Pro 1 vs 2 - "Lost" features? )

Other things, we really need the engineers to release a LUT. Only they know the gamma profile and other details to actually produce one. No 3rd party has access to those details.

Anything else the old drone has but the new doesn't? To be fair, most of it looks firmware fixable.

Updated 4/9/2018

Last edited:
Thanks. Heard a few moaning about it. Not a mode i ever thought i'd find a use for so never looked for it.
Think a few people were disappointed the M2P didn't have it but you need to leave the P4P with some selling points I suppose.

I find it very strange that they never manage to have Crystalsky support ready when they release a new drone.
It's like it comes as a surprise to them every time that someone actually is using the CS.

Even more odd when Android (which its based on) IS ready.

I;d have thought you want your flagship product ready to go with your top end display devices before anything else. But what do i know...

I;d have thought you want your flagship product ready to go with your top end display devices before anything else. But what do i know...
Exactly my thoughts.
Strange it is, mysterious ways they move.

Reactions: Genzeka
You can look left and right with the tumble which they really didn’t talk about. Hold your finger on screen when flying. Amazing. Good luck.

CS uses a unique version of the Android OS. Apparently DJU has limited resources to work on their own monitor. It’s always last to get updates. Even the DJI FAQ on CS mentions this.

But I fully agree update should be ready at launch.

Paul C

I find it very strange that they never manage to have Crystalsky support ready when they release a new drone.
It's like it comes as a surprise to them every time that someone actually is using the CS.
I'm wondering if they will wait to support the CrystalSky until after they release the anticipated new remote with integrated screen:
a0bbd084299684a5c9dbfe2d66bb10a8.jpg

baa21114ffdd10f92d36e57be5b42101d8154c21.jpeg

6b17622d7979fd2b4cbf332257e6d0cbdda2cfa5.jpeg

The big CS was next on my to-buy list. I live usually in the tropics and most of my filming is in direct, bright sunlight making it REALLY hard to see my tablet.
.....but if they treat it as a second class afterthought device im not going to spend hundeds of dollars on it.

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
DJI support on their forum have said they've REMOVED the precision landing feature. That seems somewhat insane.

Reactions: 5000msl
Yep... I agree. Ok...so all of these Rockstar pilots do their own manual landings and crud...blah blah blah… That's fine. But the fact of the matter is that this "feature" seems to be something that "could" be supported by the hardware, is present in much of their existing birds, and DOES actually work reasonably well. Why would it be "removed"?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UR7CR