Mavic 2 Zoom is now RID compliant

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
mavichelp.com
A new firmware update was just released to add RID support to the Mavic 2 Zoom. See more details in the release notes here.

The firmware release notes include overt threats to block access to DJI Go 4 for recalcitrant Mavic 2 owners who may be tempted to politely decline the latest firmware "upgrade". Good thing that ahem, alternatives abound during interesting times like these, all things considered.

Donning my philosopher's hat, I wonder why the cattle-prod is being welded as encouragement for me to download a firmware update, especially since the firmware update release notes never fail to include exciting promises of "performance enhancements" to my drone whose performance already meets and exceeds all my requirements.

Hmm let me ponder this conundrum some more here.

The firmware release notes include overt threats to block access to DJI Go 4 for recalcitrant Mavic 2 owners who may be tempted to politely decline the latest firmware "upgrade"
While installing firmware updates is optional (nothing new there), the release notes are warning you that the new firmware will only work with DJI GO 4.3.60 (or higher). So, if you want to install the new firmware, you also must install DJI GO 4.3.60.

And then there's nothing to ponder if you don't want to install the new firmware.

Since the instructions don’t mention an update for D.J.l. Assistant 2 and a post from a Mavic 2 Pro said following the instructions worked fine for him, I assume Assistant doesn’t need anything.

Can the updates be done inside with just an online connection, or does it need to have communication with g.p.s.?

While installing firmware updates is optional (nothing new there), the release notes are warning you that the new firmware will only work with DJI GO 4.3.60 (or higher). So, if you want to install the new firmware, you also must install DJI GO 4.3.60.

And then there's nothing to ponder if you don't want to install the new firmware.
This clarification is appreciated. I regard firmware updates with the same trepidation I reserve for dental visits. In both cases, I'd rather not unless there is no way to opt out.

For those that reading this thread, I am hoping that if you that perform the updates to the M2Z firmware and DJI Go4 App then please post your experiences ... positive or negative with the update. I plan on updating, but would rather wait for some brave souls to report on their experiences first! Please 🙏🙏

does this work on a smart controller?
It does, I installed it last night and flew today and it works great. I have no idea if the remote ID is working, but it is in the settings now (and turned on by default). Make sure to reset RTH altitude and check all your settings because several reset to very low numbers.

Reactions: Captain Lopez
are any other dji drones able to disable rid?
Don't know, I didn't try switching it off. The switches are enabled on default, maybe they don't actually turn off I'll have to give it a try. It's a switch just like the one to enable/disable flight modes.

A new firmware update was just released to add RID support to the Mavic 2 Zoom. See more details in the release notes here.
So I was excited to hear that DJI had finished the update ahead of schedule. However, when I went to update the firmware for my M2Z via the DJI Go 4 app. it says I am up to date at version 01.00.0670. I have restarted everything a couple times and the app does the firmware version check and states that it is the latest version. Anyone else have this issue?

Running DJI Go 4.3.60 on iPad Mini 5 w/OS ver 17.1.1 using the standard controller.
A/C ver 01.00.0670
Remote Cont ver 01.00.0640
all Fly databases report latest versions

Thanks

Yes, there's a switch for UUID and one for flight information.
This is not the same as the FAA Remote ID, and does not comply with FAA rules.
UUID has been avalable on DJI drones for a few years, and the information it transmits can only be received by DJI Aeroscope.

So I was excited to hear that DJI had finished the update ahead of schedule. However, when I went to update the firmware for my M2Z via the DJI Go 4 app. it says I am up to date at version 01.00.0670. I have restarted everything a couple times and the app does the firmware version check and states that it is the latest version. Anyone else have this issue?

Running DJI Go 4.3.60 on iPad Mini 5 w/OS ver 17.1.1 using the standard controller.
A/C ver 01.00.0670
Remote Cont ver 01.00.0640
all Fly databases report latest versions

Thanks
I was having this exact same issue with my Mavic 2 Pro. I'm not sure which of these things fixed the problem, but I realized I wasn't logged into the DJI Go 4 app. Click the "Me" button on the lower right of the screen and make sure your userid shows up and if not log in. I also completely shut down my Ipad Mini, and restarted it. After doing these two things, the firmware update now appeared and completed successfully. I hope this helps.

Reactions: jacquespa
I was having this exact same issue with my Mavic 2 Pro. I'm not sure which of these things fixed the problem, but I realized I wasn't logged into the DJI Go 4 app. Click the "Me" button on the lower right of the screen and make sure your userid shows up and if not log in. I also completely shut down my Ipad Mini, and restarted it. After doing these two things, the firmware update now appeared and completed successfully. I hope this helps.
So it looked like I was signed in. I logged out and then back in and finally got the firmware update notification! Thanks so much for your help! That never would have occurred to me.

Help, Remote ID is installed on my Mavic zoom with the latest update. I checked under Genera, Selected About.
Contoller ID is present and the Drone ID is present but not the RIP ID. Any suggestion. I alread spent a good part of the day and Two batteries trying to figure this out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne