DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro is now RID compliant

I've tried Drone Scanner... 0 Drones in area. Also, attempted the Wi-Fi idea above, no network shown as described. Also, cannot find RID settings in the Go 4 app. Where should I be looking after I finally got all the items updated to the appropriate versions? RID is the only reason I upgraded!
Start your drone (Mavic 2) and open go4, click the 3 little dots in the upper right corner, on the left area touch the top one (star/x symbol), tap Aeroscope (top one), and your in the settings for it. The UUID & Identification & Flight Information should both be on (enabled) by default. I don't have a clue what we're supposed to put in the Identification or Flight Information boxes, however I would think it would transmit flight data either way. I flew this morning and all worked well, however I didn't show anything in the air on the drone scanner app on my phone, so I have no idea if it's working or not. But that's where the settings are, if there's something else I'm missing hopefully others will chime in.

Start your drone (Mavic 2) and open go4, click the 3 little dots in the upper right corner, on the left area touch the top one (star/x symbol), tap Aeroscope (top one), and your in the settings for it. The UUID & Identification & Flight Information should both be on (enabled) by default. I don't have a clue what we're supposed to put in the Identification or Flight Information boxes, however I would think it would transmit flight data either way. I flew this morning and all worked well, however I didn't show anything in the air on the drone scanner app on my phone, so I have no idea if it's working or not. But that's where the settings are, if there's something else I'm missing hopefully others will chime in.
Are you using an iOS device? The Remote ID Signals are not compatible with iOS phones

No
Are you using an iOS device? The Remote ID Signals are not compatible with iOS phones
Nope, android (Samsung S23), so I don't know what's going on. Maybe it will kick in sometime, I'll keep checking it when I fly. I'm going to take it for granted the remote ID is working. Thanks

The UUID & Identification & Flight Information should both be on (enabled) by default. I don't have a clue what we're supposed to put in the Identification or Flight Information boxes, however I would think it would transmit flight data either way.
This is not the same as the FAA Remote ID, and does not comply with FAA rules.
UUID has been avalable on DJI drones for a few years, and the information it transmits can only be received by DJI Aeroscope.

Hello all, I updated last night and am getting the error 180 code. Everything is displaying as updated to the latest version. Can someone shed a little light please? I'm using an M2P with smart controller.
Make sure you are using the current DJI GO 4 app on the smart controller, it should be v4.3.60. I had the same problem before updating the GO 4 app.

Perhaps we as pilots are as compliant as possible after making this update, but the drone itself is not yet compliant as it's not listed by the FAA:

That is the RC firmware version. The Go4 app will be a very different number.
Ah ha, thank you! I'm sorry I'm so ignorant about this and I do appreciate the help. My app version is 4.3.54 but I see that on the controller, but when I have it connected to the assistant it tells me that it's updated.

I need help - please. I am a pro photographer in commercial real estate, so I use my Mavic 2 Pro almost every day. It is a key part of making a living. I updated my Mavic 2 Pro firmware to be RID compliant. I use the DJI Smart Controller to fly it, not a smart phone. After the Mavic 2 Pro was updated, the Smart Controller gave "Error 180" and said it cannot take off and I should contact DJI support. The support staff said the Smart Controller is to keep using the DJI Go 4 app version 4.3.54; it will not update to 4.3.60. I started and re-started everything multiple times, still the same Error 180. I even re-installed the latest firmware for the Smart Controller using the DJI Assistant, still no luck. Anyone have any recommendations? Is there a way to get this reported to DJI so they can address it quickly? I really don't want to spend $3K on a new drone right now but I don't know what else to do. Thanks in advance.

Never mind my previous post - I found another thread here with the solution. For others that may need it: use the Lightning browser on the Smart Controller to navigate to the DJI support website. Download the latest DJI Go 4 app (v 4.3.60) and install it. That allowed my Smart Controller to work, and I am up and flying again thank goodness. So even though the DJI support staff says that the Smart Controller only needs 4.3.54, this is not true. As mentioned in the latest word from others at DJI, you must install 4.3.60, even though it will not automatically advise you to do so.

I'm in the same boat as you but I was able to take the original remote controller and use it and everything works ok. The smart controller still isn't working right but at least you could still use your drone. If I find out how to get the smart controller working I will post it here.
I think we were typing at the same time :). You can use your Smart Controller (connected to WiFi), open the Lightning browser, and go to the DJI support page. Find the apps, download DJI Go 4 (it will be version 4.3.60), and install it. That should get your Smart Controller working. Best of luck!

I've tried Drone Scanner... 0 Drones in area. Also, attempted the Wi-Fi idea above, no network shown as described. Also, cannot find RID settings in the Go 4 app. Where should I be looking after I finally got all the items updated to the appropriate versions? RID is the only reason I upgrade
I would like to know as well.. I checked all the settings in go 4 and do not see the RID serial number.. Where do we find that. I did find a section titled AEROSCOPE, which seems to indicate a system to track the drone, but I am not sure it is the same thing. Also, Update notes say "Added support for Remote ID requirements in the United States" but does not indicate that it is actually working. Thanks

I would like to know as well.. I checked all the settings in go 4 and do not see the RID serial number.. Where do we find that. I did find a section titled AEROSCOPE, which seems to indicate a system to track the drone, but I am not sure it is the same thing. Also, Update notes say "Added support for Remote ID requirements in the United States" but does not indicate that it is actually working. Thanks
Quick Follow up, I took the mavic up today and could see the drone in the drone scanner app, so RID is working as promised. I also received a warning when I first started Go 4 app saying that RID was active and working. That surprised me that it showed up as a warning..perhaps just DJI's way of letting us know its finally on. I hope that warning goes away someday. I flew a short mission with drondeploy and all worked normally. I have not tried Litchi yet, but since DD worked I an sure Litchi should work also. Thanks, still dont see ID settings in the app..but its not an issue for me.

Reactions: Redbird1000
Anyone using the Smart Controller with this update ? I'm thinking it should . I haven't Updated yet
I updated and flew it yesterday and it works great on the smart controller. I have no no idea if the RID is working, but it is enabled by default in the settings and there's an RID serial number listed now. So as far as I'm concerned, all is good 👍
I updated my Mavic 2Pro with Smart Controller and got the 'Unknown error (code:180). Cannot takeoff. Contact DJI support. The aircraft updated OK but I didn't see an update for the Smart Controller so I refreshed the firmware with the same result. Had to revert to the previous firmware to get back flying.

I updated my Mavic 2Pro with Smart Controller and got the 'Unknown error (code:180). Cannot takeoff. Contact DJI support. The aircraft updated OK but I didn't see an update for the Smart Controller so I refreshed the firmware with the same result. Had to revert to the previous firmware to get back flying.
Go see my video on"180 Error" fix

Reactions: Gooberwiper
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne