DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote ID for using the Mavic 2 Pro during vacation in the US

gprintemps

Reactions
Hi,
Very soon, I will be in the US for vacation and I would like to bring my drone.
I already updated my Mavic 2 Pro to the latest firmware for getting the RID feature and I'm now trying to get the RID for the FAA's registration.
Unfortunately, following some readings, it seems that the RID is ONLY broadcasted and displayed in the APP if we are located in the US.
As I'm currently in Europe, how to get it in order to be ready when I will arrive in the US?
Why is DJI put this limitation of displaying it if the drone is in the US? Is there a way to get rid of it?
Thanks for your help

Thanks - Already read this thread but didn't see any solution...

Here a page from DJI support regarding RID support.
In the paragraph 14, it is clearly mentioned that RID is NOT broadcasted outside the US.
I'm afraid that it is also not displayed in the "About" section.

There is also another thread in this forum. Another EU citizen has exactly the same problem.
Maybe a potential bug from DJI...

Do you need the new serial number?

Is it the Flight Controller serial number in the About section?
Starting with 1581?

Yesterday evening I had a chat with the DJI support and please find below all the answers.
- The Remote ID is only broadcasted when you're located in the US
- Version 4.3.60 of the DJI GO 4 app is ONLY displaying the Remote ID if you're located in the US.
- If we want to get the Remote ID and we are located outside the US (for the FAA registration),
.. For drone with a 20 digit alphanumeric SN, its Remote ID is the same as the SN.
.. For drone with a 14 digit alphanumeric SN, its Remote ID=1581F+14 digital Flight Controller SN+0.

I also aked DJI to update the app for displaying the Remote ID anytime. Hope they will do it is quite low...

Lastest update: Part of an email I received from DJI support

"Why is it not displayed if you are not in the US?"
If there are no local FAA RID regulations, the drone does not broadcast any FAA RID signals. And it is stipulated in RID-related regulations that manufacturers are prohibited from providing users with any form of methods or tools to disable the RID function.

"Why is it not displayed if you are not in the US?"
If there are no local FAA RID regulations, the drone does not broadcast any FAA RID signals. And it is stipulated in RID-related regulations that manufacturers are prohibited from providing users with any form of methods or tools to disable the RID function.
Of course they didn't answer your question. You are asking why isn't it is displayed, not why isn't it being broadcasted. The possible answer is probably because due to their code in order to display it, it will need to be broadcasted and there are way more reasons to not broadcast it when outside the US than reasons for it. But you don't need to see it in your controller, you got your number now, correct? The FAA database is pretty flexible, you'll be just fine with entering the number you have already and going with that for now. If you should find any discrepancies when you arrive here, it only takes minutes to make the correction. Good luck!

Of course they didn't answer your question. You are asking why isn't it is displayed, not why isn't it being broadcasted. The possible answer is probably because due to their code in order to display it, it will need to be broadcasted and there are way more reasons to not broadcast it when outside the US than reasons for it. But you don't need to see it in your controller, you got your number now, correct? The FAA database is pretty flexible, you'll be just fine with entering the number you have already and going with that for now. If you should find any discrepancies when you arrive here, it only takes minutes to make the correction. Good luck!
You're right - They are not really answering to my question; I'm not asking to broadcast the RemoteID all the time but only to display the number.
Regarding the registration to the FAA, I've done it and I received my Confirmation of Identification.

Reactions: mavic3usa
New rules but nobody knows what is going on. Seems like you need support from DJI to get the real answers, had code 108 and took forever to get it solved...no visual that the update for DJI Go 4 was downloading or updating......oh the SN for registering or the RID number is your drone Sn??? oh its the Flt Controller SN???? who the heck knows ...cant the FAA and DJI get together and get it all in easy understanding so we all don't have to post and depend on each other for the answer of which some are right and some are wrong, I could not get the Drone Scanner to even see my Drone 10 feet in front of me with a RID....

Maybe that is why I fly RC Airplanes instead of the Drone..Again FAA is targeting the wrong people we are not the problem its the one's who will not get a RID and don't have to go through all this stuff to comply.

Sterk03

Is DJI assistance 2 really working anymore...could not get any info on that page and it said no more updates???

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d