DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro 2 best deals

TierraGrande

Reactions
Ready to buy the Mavic Pro 2 with accessories and 5 batteries. What is the consensus on best deal on the internet and any suggestions on purchase strategy would be appreciated.

I bought mine at Best Buy, registered with DJI, purchased the added protection, registered with FAA and started flying. Using Apple 4 Mini. Using USB to Apple connection short wire with 90-deg. connection. Have about 30 hrs. flying time, no issues. Have three batteries. Need another two for this spring. Just find a reputable dealer, look at the price, do your first flight in beginner mode, understand the sensors, watch YOUTUBE instructions and enjoy a great tool. Remember proximity sensors do not work in "sports" mode and in poor light conditions. Do your calibrations. I find that the drone have problems landing in low light conditions and on snow when the surface is not well defined. I will probably buy the zoom camera so I can switch when I have the need. Be a responsible drone operator, don't do stupid things and have many great flights.

I purchased from Amazon because of their more flexible return and service policy. DJI can be extremely difficult to deal with when it comes to returns or problems. -Not that you'll be returning anything, but as an example, mine arrived with missing cables, in a factory-sealed box, and DJI put me through an amazing amount of technical gymnastics (-Take a picture of everything that arrived, then provide an invoice and proof of delivery...for a $2.00 cable!). I just called Amazon and they handled it.

You'll find many "deals" advertised. Make sure that accessories (-like batteries) are official DJI merchandise, and not cheap knock-off products. Also, use only DJI props.

Get a case to carry everything. It doesn't need to be an expensive case, just something to keep everything together. I use a bag that says "Dirty Diapers" on the side (-Got it from Wal-Mart). I put my REAL drone case inside the "diapers" bag. Nobody's going to steal your dirty diapers when your back is turned, but a fancy, high-impact drone case tacitly hollers "STEAL ME"!

Pay very careful attention to the orientation of the charging cable on your remote controller. DJI still hasn't fixed the problem where you can inadvertently plug the charging cable in backwards and break off the internal connector on the remote. -Eyeball the thing when you get it and you'll see what I'm talking about. Then mark the correct orientation with your wife's (-or girlfriend's) fingernail polish on the plug. -Or just a dab of touch-up paint if you're macho. It'll save you a lot of grief!

Reactions: Pontoon-pilot
What is the consensus on best deal on the internet and any suggestions on purchase strategy would be appreciated.
Here are some tips:
  • Don't buy from scam sites offering deals that sound too good to be true. If you have any doubts, make sure the seller is on this list.

• There are lots of package deals that include accessories you might not need and/or that might be of poor quality. Check the contents carefully to ensure the deal makes sense for you.

• You can sometimes save money by buying the Mavic and accessories you need separately.

• If saving money is important, you can buy a Mavic tax-free if you buy from the DJI Store or many Amazon sellers.

• The DJI Store will give you a 1% credit for a future purchase when buying anything. That would come in handy if you're planning on shopping there in the future.

• The Mavic 2 hasn't been out for long, so you're not going to find great deals on base Mavic packages.

• I keep a list of daily Mavic deals here. It's sortable and includes deals from DJI and many of the largest authorized DJI dealers.

I plan on buying mine from B&H due to no sales tax, free expedited shipping, hassle free returns and they are including a SanDisk 64GB Extreme UHS-I microSDXC with the FlyMore package.

B&H is how I got my mavic pro fly more package. They sent an email to me just before xmas and had the pelican hard case priced included as a bundle... all for $850.... couldn't pass that deal up... :)

I don't know if this applies
To any DJI equiptment
.....a few yr back I purchase a really good deal on a sorry rx100II from a big name online store.

Only to find out it was
a "grey market" camera that had European spec
not US spec .
The difference is how it records Video. ....Still very usable.

It may not apply .
I have read on this forum about the european spec dji equipment does not fly as far as the US models
Maybe someone can weigh in on this subject.?
Just be careful when you purchase online
cR

Euro spec controller transmission is not as powerful as the US/FCC. I believe this is controlled by software. The newer generation Mavic has not been “hacked “ where this value can be changed. So it is important to buy the correct one

Reactions: charliesRig
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
survey-rich