DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro 2 controller not charging as it should

Reactions
My controller won't charge on its own. I have to hit the power button to make the screen turn on, insert the cable, it'll charge for less than a min then turn off and no longer be charging.

Would this indicate a new port needs to be installed?

Either damaged port. And possibly dirty. Have you also tried using a different cable? Or also a different charger brick

My controller won't charge on its own. I have to hit the power button to make the screen turn on, insert the cable, it'll charge for less than a min then turn off and no longer be charging.

Would this indicate a new port needs to be installed?
If you get it to work with new cable orblock try taping the cable into the port so you don't have to remove and reinsert.I tried the cables with the magnetic plug but the insert kept falling out.Good luck.

If you get it to work with new cable orblock try taping the cable into the port so you don't have to remove and reinsert.I tried the cables with the magnetic plug but the insert kept falling out.Good luck.
I went the way of the magnet plugs. I dread screwing up the port. I find it excellent. Draw are the charging is much slower even plugged into the proper charger. It also exposes (granted a bit) that plug because the rubber cover doesn’t fit over it. As I enjoy bad weather flights so I’m hypervigilante about entry’s for water. Maybe I should just use my reading glasses to see what I’m doing instead my old semi-brail method of connecting to port. Lol.

Reactions: offtheback
Sorry for late response. . . It seems the issue occurred when the battery was stuck on 96% and just turning off when trying to charge as I've explained. I bled the battery and it charged all the way back upto 96% then turned off. . . So the issue isn't it won't charge but will only charge to 96% 🤣 what a ballache.

Sorry for late response. . . It seems the issue occurred when the battery was stuck on 96% and just turning off when trying to charge as I've explained. I bled the battery and it charged all the way back upto 96% then turned off. . . So the issue isn't it won't charge but will only charge to 96% 🤣 what a ballache.
I'm having a similar issue, of course one day before a job. It will charge for a few seconds and then just turn off.

So what are we thinking? The battery is old and needs to be replaced? Or the port is bad? Or both?

I reeeeally don't want to have to buy a new controller but that may be what I'm facing.

I had a controller that only went to 97% or so but worked for a year+in that condition.Oddly,when I charged it with an external phone charger it went to 100%.Worked ok for 3 years before it wouldn't charge beyond 50% but would stay at 50% when flying with it plugged into an external phone type charger.

I've got the same issue with my Mavic 2. Its a few years old, and has done a lot of flights, it was one of the very first ones when it was released (I got mine two weeks after the release date). First mine would only charge to 99%, then 96%, now 94%. Doesn't matter what I do. Does this mean the controller battery in mine is dying? I just updated the firmware on the controller and drone, because I'm about to to do some 3d photogrammetry with Drone Deploy, and while it was updating everything (and plugged into my iPad mini, which charges it at the same time), the controller charge percentage was rapidly plummeting too. What is going on, I don't want it die mid flight when Im running an auto photo grid on drone deploy. Any advice for me please, anyone??

I've got the same issue with my Mavic 2. Its a few years old, and has done a lot of flights, it was one of the very first ones when it was released (I got mine two weeks after the release date). First mine would only charge to 99%, then 96%, now 94%. Doesn't matter what I do. Does this mean the controller battery in mine is dying? I just updated the firmware on the controller and drone, because I'm about to to do some 3d photogrammetry with Drone Deploy, and while it was updating everything (and plugged into my iPad mini, which charges it at the same time), the controller charge percentage was rapidly plummeting too. What is going on, I don't want it die mid flight when Im running an auto photo grid on drone deploy. Any advice for me please, anyone??
My advice is send it in. DJI makes it pretty easy and affordable and the turnaround time isn't bad. I spent a lot of time stressing over this issue and ultimately sent mine in and felt better about it.

Contact Thunderdones Duluth Georgia.I bought 2 barely used controllers for reasonable money.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty