DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro 2 footage help.

Steve K

Reactions
At the risk of getting slammed by the vets here, going to try this forum out.. I''m not sure if this the correct forum for this question but.. I'm using a Sandisk extreme 64gb there is a 3 in the U as well. But my videos seem very jumpy, and not at all smooth. When i'm flying it says i'm recording in 4k as well. are my setting wrong or something else? I would like to upload some sample footage but not sure how just yet.

Last edited:
No, you definitely want to move/copy the files from the memory card to your computer before attempting to watch them. Maybe try watching them with a different video player (like VLC).

No, you definitely want to move/copy the files from the memory card to your computer before attempting to watch them. Maybe try watching them with a different video player (like VLC).
Well tried that and it was actually worse lol. I also tried Vegas movie studio, windows video player as well.. Im very confused, thought this mavic 2 pro would have had beautiful video like I have seem from other pilots. Im sure its me, but im not sure what to change to make it look good.

If your computer is too slow to handle it, you could shoot video in a lower resolution. 4K just doesn't play well on some computers.

If your computer is too slow to handle it, you could shoot video in a lower resolution. 4K just doesn't play well on some computers.
ok, well that seems like a viable reason. I will try a lower resolution.

i have a small sample video but i dont know how to show you it.

By jerky do you just mean judder? If so then does it most happen on pan shots (moving camera left right or up down) and look 'ok' if you just sit stable?

If so then you should try shooting with the 180degree rule (Shutter Speed, Frame Rate and the 180° Rule)

If that's not the case and All footage is choppy, then it might be that your shooting x265 footage (D-Log) or H265 100mb/s and you pc/player just can't cope with it.

Could always try VLC to playback the file, see if that's better, or try shooting at 1080p and see if that's better, I doubt it's your sd/drone and more likely a technical issue.

i have a small sample video but i dont know how to show you it.
Just drop it onto a Google drive and share it, or OneDrive or Dropbox etc etc

What video format did you shoot? Yes, I know it is 4K, but is it h.264 or h.265? The latter is almost impossible to play back smoothly. Therefore, unless you are a very experienced video editor, do NOT use h.265. Instead, record h.264, either HD (1920x1080) or 4K, and record to the MP4 container. You should easily be able to play that smoothly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J