DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro-2 vs Zoom and P4P - Line Skipping + Sensor Heat?

Show me a side by side footage even if processed where m2p is sharper than m1

Sorry - you cannot make random, improbable, unsupported assertions and then demand proof that they are not true. You provide some actual evidence for your assertion and then maybe we'll have a discussion.

Sorry - you cannot make random, improbable, unsupported assertions and then demand proof that they are not true. You provide some actual evidence for your assertion and then maybe we'll have a discussion.

Did you just missed 50 pages of discussions?

Lol no it’s not literally read it first before talking, Mavic1 comparison is like in the first 5 pages

I've read the entire thread - I have nearly 100 posts in it and I actually posted test results. You didn't appear until post #620, demanding to know how the M2 compared to the M1, and clearly demonstrating that you have no clue how to post-process.

There appears to be just one comparison with the M1 in the first 5 pages, and it clearly shows it to be less sharp than the M2P.

No it isn't unless, perhaps, all you care about is unprocessed. I have both the MP and the M2P, and the M2P camera is far better.
I completely agree. There is absolutely no contest between a mavic pro and m2p in terms is detail reproduction. Mavic pro had very poor "sharpness" that was overcompensated with digital sharpening of the in built image processor causing tons of unnecessary artefacts and noise. From what I've seen so far mavic 2 pro beats it hands down. That is if you use it correctly. I'll start by pointing out a flaw where going to higher f stops on aperture will degrade your picture quality. Keep between f2.8 and fr if you can. The crop factor is what it is but complaining about fov on a mirrorless or DSLR where you might be shooting in small spaces makes sense. For the drone the sky is the limit so if you want to get the same frame as one with wider fov you just fly slightly further away. The crop factor of 1.4 will not give you too much lmao called lense compression. I'm yet to see a video from m2z that looks better than what I get from m2p.

Here is a comparison video between both drones the Mavic 2 Pro and the Mavic 2 Zoom

I personally think that when filming in perfect conditions, the drone that delivers the closest image to the Phantom 4 pro in terms of quality is the Mavic 2 zoom and not the Mavic 2 Pro. In low light it's a different story but from all the videos that I have seen I personally prefer the image quality of the Mavic Zoom over the Mavic 2 Pro when shooting in daylight.

Here are some shoots taken with the Mavic 2 Zoom

Do you guys know where I can download videos taken in 4k with the Mavic 2 Zoom and the Mavic 2 Pro in Full FOV and HQ mode? I have a 4k screen and I really would like to compare the rushes. I'm also interested in lower resolutions footage in 60 fps if ever you know where I can find them.

Thanks

Here is a comparison video between both drones the Mavic 2 Pro and the Mavic 2 Zoom

I personally think that when filming in perfect conditions, the drone that delivers the closest image to the Phantom 4 pro in terms of quality is the Mavic 2 zoom and not the Mavic 2 Pro. In low light it's a different story but from all the videos that I have seen I personally prefer the image quality of the Mavic Zoom over the Mavic 2 Pro when shooting in daylight.

Here are some shoots taken with the Mavic 2 Zoom

I think that was the consensus from much of the testing, but I also ended up concluding, as did others, that the P4P footage itself looks over-sharpened. The biggest issue with the M2P 4k FOV was the presence of aliasing in some conditions, not the sharpness.

And note that the recent posts in this thread were about comparisons with the MP, which was not the subject of the thread.

I think that was the consensus from much of the testing, but I also ended up concluding, as did others, that the P4P footage itself looks over-sharpened. The biggest issue with the M2P 4k FOV was the presence of aliasing in some conditions, not the sharpness.

And note that the recent posts in this thread were about comparisons with the MP, which was not the subject of the thread.

Well that's a matter of taste. For some users, high quality content mean sharp images whereas others will prefer a softer look.

And tell me if I'm wrong but as it comes to the Mavic 2 Zoom against the Mavic 2 Pro, I find the Zoom more versatile cause it outperforms the Pro in videography but it's still able to produce outstanding pictures with its the super resolution mode and it appears that they can compete with those taken by the Mavic 2 Pro.

On the other hand even if the Mavic 2 Pro excels in photography, performances are quite disappointing in videography

It looks like the Zoom is more of an all around player

Well that's a matter of taste. For some users, high quality content mean sharp images whereas others will prefer a softer look.

And tell me if I'm wrong but as it comes to the Mavic 2 Zoom against the Mavic 2 Pro, I find the Zoom more versatile cause it outperforms the Pro in videography but it's still able to produce outstanding pictures with its the super resolution mode and it appears that they can compete with those taken by the Mavic 2 Pro.

On the other hand even if the Mavic 2 Pro excels in photography, performances are quite disappointing in videography

It looks like the Zoom is more of an all around player

Agreed that it is personal preference. For video there are strong arguments for the M2Z, although more due to the zoom than the image quality. You can post-process M2P output as sharp as you want, if that's to your liking, while you cannot get 10-bit dynamic range out of the tiny M2Z camera.

In terms of photos there is no comparison at all, the M2P is simply in a different league. You can play all kinds of tricks with multiple exposures on any camera to improve resolution and reduce noise, but the M2P sensor is just much better to begin with.

Thanks for your answer. I'm personally more into sharp images that's why I was looking towards the zoom but if I can sharpen the images of the Mavic 2 Pro taken in full FOV mode by tweeking the settings or in post prod in order to achieve this crystal clear look of the images in the zoom, then I will probably keep the Pro 2.

I have just found a video stating that shooting in 8 bits helps to increase the sharpness by a great margin.

I don't know if it was filmed in full HOV or HQ mod though.

Anyone willing to try recording a video in 8 bits and Full FOV mode to see if it gets better?

I have just found a video stating that shooting in 8 bits helps to increase the sharpness by a great margin.

I don't know if it was filmed in full HOV or HQ mod though.

Anyone willing to try recording a video in 8 bits and Full FOV mode to see if it gets better?
Why? This issue has been flogged to death and more already. Read the 1000+ posts in this thread alone if you need a fix or shoot it yourself and share the results.

Reactions: kilomikebravo
ATW: If you choose not to post-process your videos, then by all means shoot in Auto and 8-bit. But if you really care about the final quality of your work, then post-processing is required and as WTB stated, the subject has been covered extensively. The truth of the matter is you will lose a great deal of image quality if you forego 10-bit DLog and post-processing. Z'up to you, shipmate.

I still have have my first Mavic Mavic2pro cam is way better, but does have soft images in video compare to my phantom 4pro, but on a sunny day the camera does really well better colors than phantom 4pro

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allezzov