DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro 2 wish list!!!

Simultaneous hi-res pictures when taking videos, either manually triggered or set on a schedule (1/s, 1/5s, etc). That'd give you great detail for stills but you could still do 1080p60 for fluid action video.

16 MP sensor and a faster processor so there is less compression on the video (even at 4K). USB 3.1 on the controller or whatever is the latest USB standard when MP2 is released.

My wish list for a future Mavic is a bit more ambitious. I previously had a Phantom 3 Advanced until it was stolen from the back seat of my car. (The ******** smashed a window and also stole my laptop, ukulele and dashcam.)

Anyway, my idea of the perfect drone for my amateur purposes would include:
1. Foldability (of course);
2. At least 25 minutes flying time;
3. Obstacle avoidance in all directions;
4. 4K camera and at least 18MP stills;
5. a Zoom lens - at least 15x optical; and most importantly,
6. A built-in bright, daylight screen to remove the problems in trying to use an iPad (next to useless in sunlight) or a smartphone (not much better).

I wonder how long I will have to wait.

Aerodynamic arms and no prop fuselage overlap. This would:
Reduce prop noise.
Improve airflow and decrease prop air flow turbulence.
Improve thrust to power consumption.
Increase flight time.

Aerodynamic arms and no prop fuselage overlap. This would:
Reduce prop noise.
Improve airflow and decrease prop air flow turbulence.
Improve thrust to power consumption.
Increase flight time.
All the rest of the above of course, but that's one that's never mentioned.

I would like to see it bigger with a 1 inch sensor and a better gimbal and camera.

Yes a better camera for sure. I do a lot more stills than video and would like an upgraded camera that handles low light better and some zoom if possible. I'd also like to see some kind of real altitude sensing so you don't max out going up a hill a couple thousand feet while really only being 50 feet off the ground. I do hope the size stays smaller than the current MP but if they can get it close to the current size, if we can get a modified camera and gimble I'd consider it.

- Water proofing
- 1 hrs battery duration
- back sensor
- 20 M pixel camera
- Low noise
- Optional antena jack on remote
- Android OTG data transfer
- 60 fps 4K

I'm betting that upgrading to the MP II will be a no brainer (except for the whiners who are never satisfied).

Reactions: Sew
a camera with adjustable aperture and even removable lenses and of course 1inch sensor full frame equivilant and i hope its well protected like the air, and sensors all 4 corners and better battery life, i like the size it is now and the shape of it is fine too so just a better camera with aperture

Reactions: SxSmith
A zoom camera is my hope.
Unfortunately a mechanical zoom alters the balance of the camera on the gimbal as the lens glass moves. The tiny gimbal then thinks it needs to compensate for the imbalance. Puts a lot of stress on the gimbal. Hence small drones never have zoom.

Detachable balanced prime lenses seem to be DJI's future at this time.

Longer battery life
Obstacle avoidance all around
Platinum props standard
Power windows

Removable/interchangeable battery in RC, new flight modes, 32 GB internal storage(and/or have an additional micro SD card slot), up to 120 fps 4K camera, better more sophisticated gimbal, professional level build quality and materials, real 25 minute flight time, real 4.3 mile range, rear, top and side sensors, flight clock on DJI Go, internal tracking device, optional rigid one piece props and multiple available colors at release,

Rotate the dials for gimbal and exposure by 90degs so up is up and down is down. After almost 2 years, the gimbal dial still feels the wrong and I often shot up when I want to go down!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54