DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro 2 wish list!!!

Bring on AI autonomy..

Skydio R1

A better camera will do it for me. Fighting with myself almost daily to not buy the p4p for the better camera. I think a mavic with the p4p camera would win me. (Unless I weaken and buy the p4p in the meantime :) )

Reactions: SxSmith
software versions you can easily select back up, we want to enjoy our own version of comfort & fun

led strobe lights powered by rechargable nicad batteries size AA you can clip to the AC arms.

a simple socket hole in the bottom side of the motor pods such that owners could go out and buy something as simple as fiberglass arrow shafts or carbon fiber tube cut to any length and inserted as custom length landing legs. Or the bottom diameter of the motor pods could be sized such that common diameter carbon fiber tube could simply install over that diameter.

a land safe battery, that simply would piggy back onto the standard battery pack. the size would be small enough and light enough to simply add 5 or so minutes to flight time that would only become available to the motors at @ 20% standard battery capacity.

non folding 2 or 3 blade prop option. My guess is a non folding prop could be made more efficient and certainly stronger, possibly even quieter.

a standard size auxiliary battery plug / socket so those of us who want to add our own 12 volt car batteries :confused:to the AC do not have to hack into the guts of the AC to solder in wires

electronic / software option to strobe the front lights

A software improvement/ option so the front lights can also report the same flashing operatinal information we get from the back indicator light.

A mechanical method to change the tension on the controller sticks. Additionally the sticks should have the ability to be made longer or shorter . Many radio manufactures do this simply by having the control sticks in two pieces that thread together and offer the ability to change the length by approx. 1/2 inch .

A window in the software where I can hit one command on my tablet to display a screen of all the settings I have at the same time without scrolling through categories , camera, AC, etc.

Change the gimbal up / down and the exposure wheel on top of the controller to a slider.
With a slider the operator would only need one touch and slide to change settings. With the wheel I have to "re-load" my contact and address the wheel several times to get settings I want.

have a couple more thoughts but lets see where these go first:rolleyes:mikemoose55

Reactions: tictag
I hope it has an Nvidia Jetson TX2 "brain" and 12 OA cameras. I'd be a lot more confident in it if there was no Android on the inside as well. The other stuff mentioned above would be nice too.

A self locking gimbal.

A low power ''ground' mode that allows powering the Mavic for altering settings, firmware updates and accessing the USB port. The mode would not power the gimbal, sensors, motor systems and the gimbal lock would not need to be removed.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gplunk99