DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro 3 Confirmed by DJI

I love it. For my interests and uses it shoots pics and video just as well as a M2P. It's performance is excellent.. I also love the fact that its quiet, discrete, wind resistant, fast, higher resolution, zoom...etc etc. It's low light performance is equal to the M2P in my opinion. I can't say enough.
Do you use the supershots feature or whatever they call it where you select a subject and it automatically flies around it and record the video?

I heard it was limited to 1080p video though?

Maybe that will be one difference, the M3 will have 4K for that feature.

Reactions: Droniac
I have 7 batteries (purchased from late 2018 to mid 2019). All swell after a flight but flatten back out after they have cooled. Some batteries, earlier on swelled so much and stayed that way, that I couldn't use them. I stowed them away for about 6 months even they went flat. Started using them again and all was good, though after a dozen or so flights, they are again swelling (slightly) during flight but flattening back out after cooling. So I fly 3 or 4 and let the others "rest" for a few months before rotating them in and out of service.

I've had M2P & M2E Dual... 4 normal, 3 Heating Batteries. Used in 20F to over 100F Temps. So far, no swelling issues on all 7 Batteries. With all the expressions, I've been fortunate it appears.

Not sure what the EOL expressions are about. Most other Brands drop support on older drones quickly. The Inspire 1 is the Oldest Consumer Drone currently still available and it continues to be Seviceable by DJI Support, including the Z3, X3 older cameras. Batteries are it's biggest concern, although due to popularity Kopter and other companies are providing new fresh Batteries (refreshed gell).

I can hop on multiple sites or eBay and find practically any DJI part needed... even on older S1000, etc. The Mavic Pro continues to have ample parts available, or even complete Kit still available and remains a great craft.

I'm all for USA, and fully support any strong developments in sUAV. Although I'm not holding my breath for a $700-800 package that will provide superior performance, reliability, 3rd party app support and 3rd party accessories that can replace DJI products. Now step up to large platforms... comparible to M600Pro and watch the price jump 2-4x for similar.

It's not just sUAV... we've accepted the difference in all products. The low cost clothes and jeans, TV's, Cameras, Computers, etc would all cost 2-4x more if not associated with China or Asian work force.

You'll be able to find DJI parts and maintain DJI crafts for years and long after pretty much any other current Brand sits on the EOL retired shelf.

Reactions: justcruisin
Chip shortage will delay consumer drones. They are very low priority.
I’ve got M2 batteries with no swelling.
MA2 s is sweet.
It may prevent me from the much more expensive setups.
but I doubt that!?

I,LL NOT BUY ANOTHER CHINA OR DJI TOY THATS ALL IT IS TO THEM IF YOU HAVE ONE OF THEIR PRODUCTS AND STARTED USING IT AS A tool and something on your job then they discontinue making parts and batteries for it disabling you purchaSE SO YOU CAN PURCHASE MORE FOR A HIGHER PRICE. I,M ENRAGED AND HUMBLED BECUASE I SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT AMERICAN TO BEGIN WITH
Ironic comment from a guy named Canada! ?

I,LL NOT BUY ANOTHER CHINA OR DJI TOY THATS ALL IT IS TO THEM IF YOU HAVE ONE OF THEIR PRODUCTS AND STARTED USING IT AS A tool and something on your job then they discontinue making parts and batteries for it disabling you purchaSE SO YOU CAN PURCHASE MORE FOR A HIGHER PRICE. I,M ENRAGED AND HUMBLED BECUASE I SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT AMERICAN TO BEGIN WITH
Problem is, you would have to buy US made rubbish. The have a worse reputation than US car of US food.

Never had any issue with swelling of the batteries of my DJI 2 Air. Do also not know anybody else in my drone club with this problem. It may be that in the US the batteries try to look like their owners.

Hi All, DJI have just confirmed the 3 pro is coming this year as they have told dealers to place their last orders for the pro 2, sold my pro 2 last month (sick to death of swelling batteries) and got a 2s on preorder and the 2s does what ever the pro 2 can do for what i use it for which is mainly pics and is as good in the wind, the pro 3 is going to have to be something special for me to buy i as this 2s is faultless for me looking forward to it though
I have had a Mavic Pro since 2016 and a Mavic 2 Pro since 2019. The only batteries I ever lost due to swelling, was when the MP drone was lost in the Outer Banks, NC. I thought it went in the ocean, instead it sat in a sand dune for a month before another vacationer found it and contacted me.

Prior to that I lost 2 batteries for the Mavic Pro due to my lack of knowledge in smart battery maintenance. I now have all my smart batteries discharge to 45%-50% after 2 days, about once every 3 months I completely discharge them all completely, then recharge half way for storage.

I have yet to loose any batteries since then. Some of them are 5 years old.

Are they as bad as US made cars, planes or food ? LOL.
Never had a swollen DJI battery on any of their aircraft. LiPos for general RC use ... oh yeah.

As for American-made, I love my Ford F350 that's pushing 150k miles without a breakdown. Always had good luck with the Ford F-series trucks. And American food ... it rocks if you know where to get it or if you are lucky like I am to have married an avocational chef ;-)

I have both Mavic 2 Pro and Autel 2 Pro, both have positives and negatives. in my case, from experience prefer the Evo 2 Pro over Mavic 2 Pro. Both are about the same price, only batteries on Evo 2 cost more. I lost all three Mavic 2 batteries within 6-8 months, very costly to replace them. This second batch, never had another swelling issue. In regards to the second batch of Mavic 2 batteries, they never had the capacity of flight time vs. the first batch. First batch had longer flight time, but then they didn’t last very long due to swelling.

The Skydio 2, had one preordered but cancelled it before it was delivered. Range and reception transmission signal, isn’t strong enough for my type of flying. Otherwise, fantastic drone.

Many good drones out there, take your time and do a lot of research.

Paul
I’m curious to see what Chinese answer to Skydio 2 will be! They can put out 50 Drones while Skydio puts out one! This is interesting!

Reactions: Romulus Archibald
I’m curious to see what Chinese answer to Skydio 2 will be! They can put out 50 Drones while Skydio puts out one! This is interesting!
I'm looking forward to seeing what the M3 will include as well. DJI is pretty keen in marketing, and evaluating competition. I read somewhere, don't recall where now, but at the time they didn't feel any need to compete with S2 directly. Felt it was a small market that would utilize the type of S2 platform. As said above, if dusk, dawn or night the S2 won't fly due to optical sensors. (Not negative on the S2, I have one and within it's scope is an amazing craft!)

I think they may have reevaluated some of the S2's features and pulled the M3 back for further development. Similar to how they did with the M2P/Z after the EVO release.

When it comes to technology, I don't think it's a question of DJI lacking, it's more what they determine will meet the majority of Buyers and at a sellable price. Their Technology & Design is very capable to excel competition at typically a lower price.

Reactions: Romulus Archibald
Besides Skydio, who else makes a decent Drone in America? And even with the Skydio, it took almost 3 Months before I got it whereas I got my Mini from China in 4 days!
LOL, also the skydio market is completely different. I just need obstacle sensing to not crash my drone mostly. When it auto avoids obstacles, the footages are bad to use anyway.

All the doubters feel free to apologise for all the negativity on this thread when the 3 was deffo being reeased this year

All the doubters feel free to apologise for all the negativity on this thread when the 3 was deffo being reeased this year
I’ll keep it in mind. 🤔 Godspeed, enjoy the release. Droniac

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato